Happy Birthday Canada!

••Canada•• July 1

It was quiet at Matthew's house as you finished icing the cake you made him. It took a while, but you managed to get the perfect maple leaf on the inside. Now that the cake was done, the presents were wrapped and waiting to be opened, and all of his favorite foods were made, you were just waiting for Matthew to get home. His boss had called him in for a meeting yesterday and he would be returning around 5:30 tonight. The front door opened and closed and you heard the shuffling of clothes before a soft sad sigh. He walked into the kitchen and froze at the sight of you with his favorite food on the table, a cake, and a bunch of presents neatly wrapped. "Happy birthday Matthew." You said with a smile and walked over to him. He was shocked! Most people forgot his birthday and only remembered America's... which wasn't too hard since he would talk nonstop about it a month earlier. "Matthew, is this ok? Did I do something wrong?" You asked as you watched tears fall from his eyes. He smiled and wrapped his arms around you. "N-Non maple, I'm so happy!" He said through the tears and gave you a kiss. Smiling in relief that he was happy you watched as he eyed all of the food. "Go on, start eating. I didn't make all of this for decoration you know." You told him with a wink and watched as he happily dug into the food.