More importantly, if she was the enemy, then why did she feel safe around me?

Soon, thankfully, the pain subsided and I let my head flop back against the door and I sighed. My eyes had been squeezed shut during the process and now, I forced them to peel open.

Shadow and Dawn had been watching me in silence during the whole ordeal but now the scurried over to me and pressed against my sides. My hands dropped and my fingers buried into their fur.

“What is wrong with me?” I asked softly but did not receive an answer. Not that I had been expecting one.

“It’s almost time,” Shadow growled out, his tongue flicking out to quickly lick my hand.

“Yes,” Dawn drawled and moved away to stretch.

“Let us get ready then,” I said and stood. My hands rose above my head, fingers linking as I stretched, arching my back waiting to hear it pop lightly.

My swords had been placed on my back with the hilts peeking over my shoulders. I glanced at the coat I’d placed on the floor and decided to leave it there, it was warm outside. Once again, my eyes flickered out the window, to see the moon higher up in the sky.

It was time.

Slinking over to the window, I shoved it open and hopped onto the ledge. My room had been placed on the second floor, the fall did nothing but cause a light sting up my legs. One I could easily ignore. Shadow and Dawn dropped also, landing easily next to me and together we began to make our way around the house.

But we didn’t get far because just then, howls erupted from around us. We stilled. Now? It was happening now? But it wasn’t the time.

The front door burst open and out piled all the members of the ninja team. I scoffed as the huddled together and glanced anxiously around. They looked pathetic. It was only a few wolves.

“Rima!” the blonde knucklehead shouted catching sight of me standing at the corner of the house. All eyes turned to me and I rolled my own before strolling towards them.

“What are you doing out?” the female sensei, Kurenai I think, questioned.

“I saw shadows passing outside my window,” I easily lied. “I came out to see what it was.”

“Without informing us?” Azuma, I believe that is what the smoker sensei was called, asked.

“I didn’t know whether it was a real threat or just an animal and didn’t want to bother you with a stupid problem,” I replied, resisted the urge to snap at him.

“Well, now we know it’s not just an animal,” the one eyed ninja retorted. I’d heard pinky, Sakura, call him Kakashi and frowned as he glared at me.

“Technically a wolf is an animal, so,” I shot back and shrugged.

Before he could snap back something to me, screams shot into the sky. We all froze before the others charged to the sounds of the cries. Meanwhile, I remained frozen. This wasn’t the plan. We were to eliminate the ninja, not the people in the town.

“Who is not following orders?” I growled breaking into a fast walk with Shadow and Dawn trailing after me.

We strode into the town, hearing the shouts of the Leaf ninja along with the terrified screams of the villagers as the sickening sounds of the wolves snarling. The village was a mess, flames were flying from roofs, windows were smashed and kunai littered the ground.

It seemed that the Leaf ninja were having trouble fighting the wolves. Shaking my head, I snapped my fingers and immediately Shadow and Dawn were at attention, their ears perked up.