"You can't spend your nights playing video games every night."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so," Jahlia replied flatly, then nodded and pointed a picture in the magazine, making me grimace, "This one. I think you'd look perfect in this. Put this with a pair of nice black jeans and some sexy boots and the men will be turning gay just to get their hands on you." I scoffed, but I was tired of arguing with her and just agreed. I snapped my fingers and the long sleeved black v-neck appeared. I got up and put it on, even though the entire time I was wondering why I was being so compliant.

Most of the time I would make a big deal about this. I hated being dressed up and brought out into public. At least when Cain dressed me up, he kept me at home. Actually, Cain hated it when I left the house, when we used to share one in Elysium. He wanted me to stay within his sight at all times, to the point where it got annoying. Talk about overprotective.

Or so I thought anyway.

Now I didn't know why he had done it. I didn't know why he dressed me up or cuddled all over me constantly. I didn't know why he even bothered with me in the first place if he kept feeling the need to kill me off. The entire time I was dead, floating in that river for the first time, I kept going through everything in my head.

What had I done to make Cain so angry? Angry enough to kill me?

He'd been perfectly fine up until that morning when he slit my throat. Had I taken too many blankets while we slept? Did I accidentally dig up one of his crops? Did I say the wrong thing?

After a while, I stopped asking myself.

And when Cain refused to answer me, I stopped asking him.

But there was still something inside me that wanted to know. Needed to know.

But that time would never come, because Cain refused to answer me. It was as if I didn't have the right to know.

"Abel, are you all right?" Jahlia's voice cut through my thoughts and I blinked, snapping back to reality to see her standing in front of me, standing on her toes with her hands on either side of my face. I stared back at her, trying to find the words to tell her I was okay, but I didn't trust myself to speak, so I just gave her a short nod. She frowned, obviously not believing me, but Jahlia respected my privacy and nodded, taking a step back before she smiled.

"You look perfect. Now we can go on our friend date." She stated. I smirked.

"Friend date? Are you gonna have sex with me afterwards?" I asked, pretending to sound hopeful. Jahlia rolled her eyes and whacked me in the arm before snapping her fingers in a way that indicated I hurry my ass up and teleport us somewhere. Part of me was still really reluctant. I could only hope that I could bring Jahlia back in time before Cain figured her out.

We teleported from my room to the darker parts of Inferi. The lower ranked people of Inferi prowled the streets, ducking into bars, taverns, and other weird dens for the nasty demons. Men and women of all species walked the streets, wearing jackets or holding umbrellas. Skin colors ranging from caucasian, olive, mocha to blue, green, or white. People with horns and tails, people with wings and claws. The list of creatures went on. Granted, it wasn't as big as Styx, but it was still pretty crowded with rain-life. Sort of like night life, only they came out in the rain instead.

I conjured an umbrella and a couple of jackets for Jahlia and I as we stood on the street. I scanned the buildings, and the people, feeling a bit paranoid. Jahlia looked around, then snapped her fingers and pointed to a bar that was poised between a couple of shops selling occult supplies. We made our way over and came inside to the cozy warmth.