Not too long after, Sirius stands up from the bank and offers me his hand. I take it and he easily pulls me up onto my feet. "Carry me back to the castle, Mr Black?" I push out my bottom lip and widen my big eyes.

He wastes no time in scooping me up and carrying me bridal style back up into the castle. "You're lucky you're cute." He mutters as I relax into his embrace.

"You're lucky you're strong. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if you struggled to lift little old me?" I laugh heartily.

"Anyone can lift you. You weigh nothing."

"I do so weigh something! It's just a little something...but something nonetheless!" I pout again and he has to look away to concentrate on our whereabouts.

*

It's the next day when I link my arm in Lily's and together we walk up to our shared dormitory, laughing at the nonsense spewing from my mouth. "You're completely barking," Lily says, laughing her melody of a laugh that could make just about anyone smile. "Professor Dumbledore is not one hundred and fifty years old!"

"Hey!" I giggle. "I said give or take!"

We walk into our room only to find the floor completely covered in clothes and other knick-knacks, along with a very blissed out Marlene McKinnon sitting on her bed snacking on some sweets. "Marlene!" Lily shouts. "What in the name of Godric Gryffindor happened in here?!"

Marlene shrugs, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder casually. "I misplaced my sweets stash."

Lily shakes her head and scoffs sarcastically. "Well tell me, Marls, did you find what you were looking for?"

"Sure did, Lils!" The blonde grins, patting her tummy for extra effect. "Put it all away quite nicely too, I must say."

Lily can't hold her tongue anymore and throws her arms into the air yelling, "You've made a mess in here! Clean it up! Now!"

"Nope." Marlene smirks. "I will do no such thing." She crosses her arms over her chest and stares at our redheaded friend knowingly.

It's been known that Lily is a bit of a neat freak when it comes to our dorm room. If something is even a smidgen out of place, she'll flip out. In first year, she spent half a night trying to get a stain out of our carpet. No one would admit to being the cause of said stain, but I have my suspicions it was Alice.

"Well, I'm not cleaning this up." Lily states unconvincingly.

"Okay." Marlene's smirk stretches.

"I'm not!" Lily says again.

"Great."

It takes all of five seconds for Lily Evans to crack, muttering a frustrated, "Oh, for Merlin's sake!" before rushing around the dormitory cleaning up the mess.

It's then that poor innocent Alice comes skipping into the room with Dorcas not far behind. The two come to a stop at the doorway at the sight of an irritated Lily. "What happened?" Alice asks softly.

"I'm living with animals!" Lily howls in response.

"Dorcas!" Marlene exclaims happily as if Lily hadn't even said anything. "Come sit by me." She pats the space beside her on her bed and Dorcas shyly obeys, careful to sidestep Lily in the process. "Food for the show?" She offers her some sweets to which the dark skinned girl accepts with a laugh.