The Charity Gala Pt. 2 {60}

Start from the beginning

I could tell Ian heard Finn since his grip tighten around mine. He immediately bid after Finn.

“$5,000” he stated proudly

Finn seemed shocked at Ian speaking and he bid back, “$8,000”

“$10,000” he stated back. I knew that this bidding match soo turned into a manliness show.

“$15,000” Finn said not backing down.

“$50,000” the whole audience gasped and I found myself releasing a gasp to.

I heard Valentina whisper,  “Ian what are you doing! Stop bidding now. You already know that I'm scared of heights so we can't even go on it”

Finn rolled his eyes and surrendered to the bidding.

“Sold to the gentleman in the all black suit!” the auctioneer quickly said.

The auction kept on going but nothing else reached as much money as Ian’s bid for his hot air balloon tickets. Finn also auctioned for the golf tickets and won them for $20,000.

After the live auction, the gift basket list was passed around and I sat up in my chair and got ready to cash in my check. I looked over the list as I made my mind for which gift basket I would get.

GIFT BASKETS

Gourmet cupcakes (assorted flavors)
"Wine-not?": Assortment of wines
Spa: Bath salts, slippers and gift card to local spa
Rainy Day: Games and goodies for a day indoors
Winter Fun: Toys and goodies for snow play
Campfire: S'mores and other outdoor gear
New Baby: Infant necessities and play toys
Movies:  Popcorn, candy and private viewing to new movies.
Beach party: Beach towels, sunscreen and tropical beverages
Mixology: Variety of liquor, mixing tools and cocktail recipes

I was only interested in getting the movie package since I watched a lot of movies. I leaned over and whispered to Finn, “I think I'm going to go for the Movie package”

“Really? You don't even have enough money for it.”

I rolled my eyes at him and once the bidding started I waited a little before I put my paddle up for $200. The bidding kept getting higher and I got more nervous as it got to $600. Someone outbid me and said $800.

I dejectedly put my paddle down and Finn gave me a knowing smile as he said, “Told you”

“$2500” Ian spoke next to me. My head shot up with a smile I stared at him. After he won the auction he turned to me and gave me a slight wink.

Thankfully no one noticed it and I felt a blush forming on my cheeks since I knew he bought the gift basket for me. After all the auctioning was done another person came and we were allowed a brief socializing time to talk.

I followed Mel and Gabby into the bathroom. This time I carefully pulled out my chair and made sure I didn't slip again. After I made it to the bathroom Mel brought up the dance auction.

“Gab you joining the dance auction?” she asked

“I want to but the only person I want to win me is Kevin and and I'm pretty sure he won't win. How about you Delilah?” she stated

“Umm not really my kind of scene” I confessed as I pulled out my lipstick.

“What? Come on! It would be a lot of fun!” Mel gushed out, “I'm definitely joining. For me, I don't care about who I dance with I just want to do as much as I can to help the innocent kids. It's just one dance anyways. And if I'm dancing with an old creep then i'm going to have to suck it up and after wash everything away with a bottle of Hennessey I saw in the back ”

I nodded my head since Mel was right. Gabby agreed to join and the sisters looked at me waiting for a response.

“Delilah if anything, you might raise the most money since Ian paid $50,000 for just a hot air balloon ride” by the look on my face Gab changed her response and said, “Or Finn might bid too. He won the golf tickets. You never know until you try”

“Yeah I will join it since it's for a good cause” I said as I finished applying lipstick on.

After walking out of the bathroom we headed straight towards the line to enter. I looked ahead and saw the green eyes of Valentina. I could finally look at the dress she was wearing. It was hideous. The bright orange dress draped down to her knees and it's frilly sleeves reached under her elbows. She resembled a carrot.

After writing my name and making up some fake hobbies I was directed into a room and given a sticker. I was girl number 8. Gabby was 7 and Melissa was 9. We all got in a line and while looking around I noticed that Valentina was number 3.

The auctioneer started naming the girls one by one. The first girl who went up got $600 and the second girl got $500. When Valentina went up, I expected her to get a lot of money and she did. She had two bidders and Ian won her with with a total of $1,300.

The next couple of girls went and after Gabby was auctioned for $2000 by her friend it was my turn. I brought back some of my confidence and strutted up the stage.

In my mind I thought that all I had to do was walk up to the stage, pose then walk away.But that's not how it happened. I had to stand there and wait for someone to bid on me.

“$1000” Finn said. I gave him him a big smile as I waited for the auctioneer to finish things up.

Before he could, another man that I have never met bid, “$3000” I inwardly pleaded to Finn with my eyes and he seemed to receive my signals since he bid out, “$5000”

The stranger bid again, “$10,000”

I gasped out loud since this stranger was paying a lot of money just for me to dance with him. I stared at him and was trying to see if I recognized his face. While I was looking at him, he sent a sexual wink at me and I shivered in disgust.

Finn quickly jumped in and said, “$20,000”

The stranger lifted his hands up with defeat. Alright Mr Auctioneer Guy, say the magic words already I thought to myself. Before he could say it Ian spoke up,  “$25,000”

I was hoping he wouldn't say anything since I didn't want him spending any more money than he already had on me.

“$28,000” Finn bidded again

“$35,000” Ian stated and before Finn could speak the auctioneer started to speak.

“Wait. Wait. Wait. I am being told that the gentleman in the all black suit has already won a lady from the auction therefore he is disqualified from bidding again in the same auction. So the lovely Delilah who likes to play the trumpet and swim will be giving her first dance to the gentleman in the back with the black and white suit for $28,000.”