The Charity Gala Pt. 2 {60}

Start from the beginning

My laughing seized as I felt an arm on my side. I looked to the right and noticed that Finn had both of his arms resting on the table. I knew it was Ian so I placed my hand on his and quietly tried to move it from my side without causing attention. 

I placed his arm on his lap and before I could bring my arms back up to the table he interlocked his fingers with mine. I tried to pull away but then the force that I exerted wasn't enough to pull my arm out of his grip. My face scrunched up in determination and I heard Finn ask, “You okay Lilah?”

“Yeah I'm fine” I said deciding to just let my hand rest against Ian’s. He loosened his grip on me and instead blindly traced the faint lines on my hand.

Even when our food was placed down and when I made conversation with his sisters our hands were still held together. I could have easily moved it from his since his grip was loose but I didn't.

I was now thankfully for the super long table cloth since it covered what me and Ian were doing. Ian dominant hand was under the a table and he tried to eat his food with his left hand but he struggled to do it, gaining looks from his girlfriend.

So he released my hand from his and it dropped into his lap. He started to eat while my hand rested on his lap. I realized how inappropriate this was so I quickly moved my hand from his lap and placed it on the table.

When the table finished eating the waiters come back to get the empty plates. And then another member of the football team walked up on the stage and made a speech. After his speech, he showed us a large projection against the walls.

It was a video that showcased the 6 innocent children that desperately needed surgery. The video was very sad since it showed their family and it made me even more determined to want to help the children out.

After the video ended another person came up on the stage and said, “The six children that we will be helping are Christopher Smith , Audrey Relopa, Phillip Lakewood, Latoya Carril, Kyle Evans, and RJ Johnson. Even if it's not a lot just bring it out. We will be having 3 types of auctions. The first is our live auction and the second is our gift basket auction.  And last but definitely not least our first dance auction”

This time when Ian’s hand found mine under the table I wasn't surprised and I let him hold my hand. Pieces of paper were passed around for the live auction and I looked at the numerous prizes available.

LIVE AUCTION

Louis Vuitton 5-piece Luggage Set (1)
Cabernet Winemaker tour & tastings (2-3)
Ski and Snowboarding lessons by an Olympic Champion (4)
Romantic Gondola Ride (2)
Private boat cruise with cocktails (2)
Vintage and rare bottles of wine (6 bottles)
Afternoon tea for six at a local botanical garden (6)
Five-course meal at restaurant, Tastebuds (2)
Cooking lesson from award-winning chef, Samuel Okingo. (1)
Private Hot Air Balloon Ride for Two (2)
Tickets to the 49’ers v. Cowboys game including transportation (3)
Tickets to the 49’ers v. Ravens game including transportation. Boxed Seats (2)
Passes to state golf tournaments (4)

I knew my small check of $700 would not be able to buy anything on the list so I made up my mind to wait for the gift basket auction. At least I could win something from that. The auctioneer started from the top of the list and even though I had no money he made me want to buy something by how persuading he was.

The auction only started to get interesting once they reached the private hot air balloon ride. Finn was the first to lift up his paddle for the private hot air balloon ride. After bidding he whispered to me, “This would be fun to do with you”