Part 14 - Smiling Sadly

Sorry, guys. College assignments have been really killing me lately. They give us tasks to read this and that, watch this and that, ugh. But that's okay.

Thank you so much for waiting, and voting, and probably sharing, thank you so much! I appreciate all of the comments, guys. They really lighten me up! Whoo!

Enjoy! :D

_____________________________________________________

[Justin’s POV]

“The sun sets.”

I say, keeping my eyes on the views. Ellie then leans her head against my shoulder while I’m still playing with her fingers.

“It’s so beautiful.” She states, followed by a nod from me. “I wish it’d last forever.”

I scoff, smiling. Man, I wish so. This moment is just perfect that I can’t even say any words that can describe how happy I am right now. I don’t know why I just feel comfortable like this. The perfect sunset, with Ellie beside me, on top of a building this high, I know that I lo… no.

Since I knew what Ellie’s suffering from, I keep my cell phone on silence. I cancel my Meet & Greet today, I don’t answer any phone calls from my ‘friends’, neither messages. Since I met this girl, I realize that reality is beside her.

I look down at her fingers that I’ve been playing with and then turn to her. I’m not sure if that reality is going to end or not.

“El, I know you’ll survive.”

She turns to me, smiling, doesn’t say anything. She slips her fingers into mine and holds it tightly. Maybe she’s tired of me saying about this so many times, but I don’t know why it’s just because I’m just not sure about myself.

I press my lips in a tight line, then hold her hand back. When I continue enjoying the view, suddenly something catches my sight from my right.

“El, watch out!!”

[shoot sounds]

A helicopter just comes down out of nowhere and now the situation becomes noisy. How come Mom didn’t tell me any sign about this attacking? The guys in the heli are trying to shoot us and now we’re running away, panicked and scared, of course I’m covering Ellie down. God, God, God, I’m actually afraid too.

We’re running over to the door where’s going to take us down, but damn! The door’s closed!

“Come on, El, let’s take the stairs!”

Fire sounds are honestly scaring me back there. It’s still chasing us while we’re running down the stairs, and finally get in to one of rooms of this apartment through the window. I guess they decide to leap out of their heli to chase us.

We keep running and intermittently we make some moves to avoid the shoots. Damn, we’re in an apartment and they’re still shooting us!

Some people who just open their doors, close them and get back in again when they hear those fire sounds. Not a few are surprised because I’m in their apartment. Which probably they hate me because I’m Justin Bieber, the now public disturbance.

On the first turn, finally another stairs. We run down and all that I know at that time, I can’t hear anything but shooting sounds. How many bullets they have by the way that never run out?

Still running, I look back for a moment to see the guys who are after us. I look at the sign of the jackets they’re wearing. It’s the same uniform as the guys who tried to kidnap Ellie at the VMA!

“Wallace,” I whisper with a hate sound.

“What?” Ellie suddenly shouts.

“I hate to tell you this but apparently the Wallace is after us again.” I shout to answer, fighting the sounds of shotguns.

Ellie doesn’t seem surprised. “How many of them are behind us?”

I look back again and this time a little longer. One, two… “Three.”

“We have to hide ourselves!” She immediately orders, Her british accent doesn't disappear.

“Come here!”

We hide ourselves behind a wall on our first turn, leaning our back against it. For a moment, the shooting sounds just stop, just bunches of footstep sounds running towards our location. I gulp hardly, closing my eyes, thinking that if it’s the end of my life, at least I have to make Ellie safe.

God, I’m scared.

As one of the guys is walking right passing us – while holding one of those guns I see in movies – we hold our breath. But not as I expected, Ellie suddenly kicks the guy right in the stomach with a very cool move!

I’m shocked for a second there but then I immediately help her by beating the other two guys who immediately notice their friend is getting beaten up. 

One fact, I’m not really good at hitting but I can work it out with my feet. The first thing that comes to my head is kick the guns away. Believe it or not, all that I do is kicking and kicking them. I got beaten so many times but that’s not what I have to think of. Make them weaker than me, that is.

***

[Ellie’s POV]

Lord-… Give-… Me-… The strength-… agh!

I keep on hitting this guy with any martial arts I’ve learnt. He’s taller and bigger than me, it makes me a little bit difficult to at least make him fall. His revolver gun has already fallen away and I won’t give any chance to him to get it off the floor.

“Owh!” God, he beat me right in my left cheek, how dare he is! My cheek hurts so bad…

I hear Justin gasps and shocked looking at me, worried. “Ellie!”

I gasp! “Behind you!” I scream as I see the other guy is about to hit Justin from his back.

Doesn’t even have a chance to look back, he immediately gets beaten in his right shoulder and groans.

“Justin!”

Oh God, oh God, I kick the guy I’m fighting with, pushing him down and finally falls down. God, I’m not able to see Justin getting beaten over and over like that! I quickly grab the revolver off the floor and shoot the first guy. When the other guys who are beating Justin – God, I’m crying right now looking at Justin’s condition on the floor – hear the fire sound from me, they immediately grab their revolvers off the floor, but I immediately shoot their hands.

The fire sounds happen approximately five times from me and I finally manage to make the Wallace guys groaning in pain on the floor with bloods coming out of their body.

Cruel, but I’ve seen worse than this.

I quickly help Justin up and we get away with an elevator. Blood is coming out of the tip of his lips and red marks are everywhere on his face. He can’t stop moaning and that makes me cry. This is the highest building in California so it might take a while for us to get to the first floor.

I rest Justin’s head on my lap while I’m crying, stroking his hair. I can’t believe it he wanted to do this for me. His eyes are half open while still moaning in pain.

“Ellie?”

His voice cracks.

“Yes, Justin?” I answer, can’t hide my sadness.

“Are we… in an elevator?” He asks, holding his pain.

I nod, smiling sadly and say, “Yes, Justin. Don’t worry, we’re safe.”

“You’re kidding me,” he says, then suddenly faints… ?

“Justin?”

[to be continued]