Part 13 - Introduce, His Highness

“Father, I don’t want to marry anyone at the moment!!”

“Our kingdom is on the edge, young man! We’ve taken Federic kingdom over and we are so close!”

“I’m still too young to be a husband!”

“Okay, engagement first, it is.”

“Dad, why do you have to take such a decision?!”

“I am the king, Jason. And you’re my son. I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for so long and I don’t want you to ruin it all. Enough playing around as a prince and take a brave action!”

“Why does it have to be Federic kingdom?! I don’t even know her personally, Dad, please! This is 2013 and you still do an arranged marriage?? Come on!”

“I don’t have any choice, son! You’ll understand when you become a king soon.”

“But, Dad-..”

“You’re marrying Princess Eleonore, Jason! If you want to be a great king, you have to take a brave decision for your people! This is an order! End of discussion!”

His royal majesty left him speechless, walking out of the wide room that’s filled with antique furnitures, carelessly without looking back.

The room is big, wide, and beside his highness, there’s a huge cavalier statue. His highness runs his fingers through his hair desperately, then looks away, sighs. This is really shocking him and he doesn’t know what to do if his father already made a decision. Since the Queen had left them to heaven because of cancer, everything changed to her one and only son, his royal highness.

He suddenly pulls the sword out of the cavalier’s statue beside him, swings it with his left hand, then pulls it towards his right side easily and immediately throws it back to his left side angrily and it strikes the cavalier statue. His highness walks away madly and carelessly while the statue’s shattered down to pieces.

***

[Ellie’s POV]

“Thank you so much.” I say to him.

He raises his left eyebrow and looks at me. “For what?”

“Everything.” I press my lips in a tight line before I look down. “Especially for being a good friend of mine.”

I smile and turn to him again, catching his bright hazel eyes looking at me deeply. The sunset kind of reflects on his eyes perfectly. “To be honest, I’ve never been this happy before.”

He smiles back at me sweetly. Then I look down, continue. “It’s true, I was born to be a queen. People’s lives are going to depend on me. I’m going to rule my kingdom. Everyone treats me well, everything is on the table already before I blink, all of the respects, royal nicknames.”

I stop for a moment, then say, “but all of those things make me forget what the meaning of life is.”

I sigh. “It’s like I live with decisions. Not with a freedom to choose like all of you.” I turn to Justin’s eyes who’s been looking at me.

He nods. “I understand.” He then sighs before turns away and continues saying, “before all of these–protecting you–happen, people always treat me like I’m some kind of a bad guy.”

It’s my turn to look at him with a wonder expression.

“We actually have… basically… the same situation.” He continues. “I’ve been treated specially since this fame came into my life. The best clothes, the best car, the best gifts on my birthday, well… basically the same, right?”

I nod in agreement as he turns to me. Then he turns his gaze to the sky. “But only this crazy thing that I can’t control. Sometimes I’m having a hard time looking for a person who I can trust. A true friend.”

I listen to him closely and there’s a pain on his expression. It’s like he’s telling me something that never been told to anyone before.

“Sometimes before I go to bed at night, I start to think that something’s not right. Everything that happened for the whole day, every gaze that I got from people who were being nice to me. I just realize it’s all because I am… Justin Bieber. Not me.”

His voice cracks at his last sentence. He looks down and I can clearly see sadness on his expression. It looks like he’s feeling sorry, ashamed, and sorrowful. He truly means it when he told me that. I didn’t know that someone actually feels this way.

He’s so kind and charming. I don’t understand why he has to feel sad like this.

Suddenly I remember something. I take something out of my pocket and look at it at first. It’s a long golden chain necklace with my kingdom emblem as the pendulum. That necklace is worth a hundred thousand pounds but that’s not the point. What matters is the meaning behind it.

“Justin, I want to give you this.” I say, as I hand it to him. He looks at it and at first, he’s amazed at how shiny the emblem is.

“Is this-..”

“Yes. But I want to give it to you. You’ve been very brave and caring, and I think I have to give you something as an honor.” I explain. “You still have your family, Justin.”

He still doesn’t want to look at me, still looking at the emblem with sad meanings. Then I place my hand on his shoulder so he looks up at me, hopelessly, while I’m looking into his eyes deeply. “You still have me.”

He looks into my eyes deeply and the deeper it looks, the more it looks like Justin wants to cry. Then suddenly he hugs me tightly. I’m surprised at first but then I hug him back.

“Please be strong, Elleonore,” he whispers and it sounds like he’s crying.

“Don’t worry about me,” I whisper back.

“I need you.”

That last sentence from him really gets me. Is he really that sad that he can’t let me go if I die? Oh, Justin. I really can’t do anything about my destiny. If only there’s something that can change this very quickly, I will never be going to leave you this way.

I pull out the hug slowly, while Justin immediately stops his crying. I’ve never seen a guy cries this hard before. As long as I know, Justin is really depressed. I understand it very much because honestly it's hard for me to find a true friend too.

I'm a princess, yes. But do you think a princess has a perfect life in kids fairytales? No. The difficult thing about being a princess is--as I told you before--you have to hide your feelings. I have to hide my sadness, everytime I realize I don't have any friends actually. Everyone's with me because of kingdom's business.

“I won’t leave you.” I smile at him while I stroke his cheek, trying to assure him that this time, it’s the only thing that I can do.

For a moment, his sadness decreases while he enjoys my hand on his cheek. He then takes my hand down of his cheek and holds it, very gently.

“Thank you,” he says calmly to me.

I nod and smile at him, then look to the sun that’s going to set. While Justin is playing with my fingers, suddenly my heart says something, that I love him.

[to be continued]