Chapter 53

Tom's POV

I felt my eyelids slowly flutter open. Jordan was holding my hand, cuddled up beside me on the bed.

I lifted my head, looking around my room.

"It's okay baby, he's not here," I heard Jordan mumble, as he carefully placed his hand on my chest.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, a wave of nausea rushing over me.

"The police took James, I don't know what sentence they're going to give him but-"

James. Memories flooded over me, my swelled eyelids closing together.

"Jordan?" I croaked out.

"Yeah?"

"You know I love you, right?" I asked. I felt my boyfriend squeeze my hand gently.

"Of course. I love you too, Tom," he whispered to me, brushing a soft kiss against my cheek.

I closed my eyes.

Broken images of James throwing punches at me were burnt into my brain.

He was so much stronger than I was. I already knew he was taller than me, but he is so skinny. How could someone with so little muscle and body fat be stronger than me?

I'm in bed.

Wasn't I downstairs?

"How'd I get up here?" I asked.

"I carried you. The police said you didn't need to go to the hospital or anything, they made sure you had no broken bones. They just told you to get rest," Jordan rambled.

"You carried me?" I asked. Either this meant Jordan was getting stronger, or I was getting weaker.

What kind of boyfriend am I if I can't even defend myself, let alone my love?

"Yeah..." Jordan mumbled. "Is that okay?"

"Um, yeah. Sorry, just thinking."

Silence filled the room, bringing mirages of James with it.

Jordan's phone buzzed. I felt his warm body shift away from mine to retrieve it.

"What about the panel today?" I asked.

"They canceled it, and replaced it with a live CS:GO twitch stream for Tucker and Sonja. It worked out well," Jordan explained.

"That's good," I replied, watching as Jordan's face hardened. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, uh... Nothing..." Jordan whispered, tossing his phone on the side table.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to his body.

James in jail. Nothing can happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow, 3k reads, I cannot thank you guys enough! I'm super glad that you're all enjoying this book, because when I read my own writing all I do is cringe. I have many plans for this book, but feel free to comment suggestions and let me know what you think of the story. Thank you tacos!