Chapter 16

Jordan's POV

I was just about the ring the doorbell when the door swung open. The familiar man, about my height, stood there. His vibrant pink hair was swooped up with styling gel, and his glasses were tipped slightly to the right.

"Hey man!" Mark pulled me into a hug. "Long time no see, come in guys," he said to all of us.

"Hey Mark," I said with a smile. "This is my buddy Tom, and this is Tucker and his girlfriend Sonja," I introduced them all to Mark.

"Nice to meet you guys!" Mark said, shaking their hands. Tucker and Sonja smiled from ear to ear.

"Mark, whose at the door?" I heard a higher voice call. It was a guy's voice, and I know I've heard it before.

"Jordan and his friends," Mark called back. "We're in the living room, food is in the kitchen, but you can follow me," Mark said, leading us to his living room.

I immediately recognized Mark's roommates, Matt and Ryan, and there were seven others who looked familiar, but I had no idea who they were, although they all sure knew me.

"Hey man," a man with crazy hair said to me. He was pretty cute actually, in a weird way. He was extremely skinny, and by the way his legs awkwardly bent on the couch, I could tell he was tall.

"This is Danny," Mark said. I recognized him now. Dan was that guy from the Game Grumps channel who was in a band. I liked his voice, but some of his songs were just.. weird.

Next to Danny sat a larger man with brown hair, and a blonde streak through it. Next to him sat a girl with dark black hair, and the same blonde streak. According to Mark, this was Arin and his wife Suzy.

Then there was a man with a slight Australian accent, and a bowl haircut, with the most icy blue eyes I've ever seen. Next to him sat a girl with, short, pastel pink hair. This was Ross and his wife Holly.

Then there was Barry, who had brown hair, and a shaggy beard similar to mine, and Kevin, who had wild black hair.

I introduced them all to Tom, Tucker, and Sonja. I sat down next to Danny, as he seemed the easiest to talk to. Tom sat next to me, and Sonja quickly made her way to Holly and Suzy, complimenting them on their hair. Tucker sat with Arin, and discussed their gaming channels.

Mark's dog, Chica, trotted over to me, and plopped her head into my lap. Danny patted her on the head.

"I fucking love this dog," he said. "If I didn't travel so much I would get a dog of my own. Do you guys have a dog?" he asked Tom and I.

"I don't, but I've contemplated getting one," I told him.

"I don't, but Tucker has one," Tom said.

"Huh?" Tucker asked.

"Grizzwald," Tom said. He pulled up a picture on his phone, and handed it to Dan.

"Holy shit, that thing is awesome!" he said.

"Yeah, it's awesome until it pisses in your bed over and over again," Tom joked.

Danny laughed at him. "He looks like a bear you can cuddle with, without it ripping your face off."

We all laughed. All of us were now invested in a conversation about pets. Not exactly how I planned this party would go, but hey, it's better than awkward silence.

Arin and Suzy went on about their two Cats, Mochi and Mimi.

Holly and Ross talked about their cat Opal and their odd amount of pet pigeons.

"You tamed pigeons?" Sonja asked.

"Yeah, they're so sweet, and sometimes if I see a pigeon on the street with a broken wing it'll just let me pick it up and I'll take it home," Holly said.

"Tucker can we get one? Please?" Sonja asked him. I saw Ross jokingly shake his head no at Tucker.

"If you move to the U.S." Tucker told her, "we could maybe get one bird."

"Wait, you're not from the U.S.?" Suzy asked.

"No, I'm from Canada,"

The conversation switched between subjects as Mark passed out slices of pizza.