Chapter 34

Jordan's POV

I told Tom to ignore Kate, and I hoped he took my advice.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" Tom asked me.

"I don't know. I don't really feel like going out though," I told him. It was true. I wanted to stay home with him, and cuddle and kiss.

"So, what do we wanna do here?" he asked, pouring syrup all over his waffles.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked him. I watched his eyes light up.

"LET'S WATCH FINDING NEMO!" Tom squealed.

"Oh god.." I sarcastically mumbled. I watched Tom get up from his seat and skip to the living room. I grabbed my plate of waffles and followed him.

He slipped the disk into a DVD player, and threw me a fluffy blanket.

"I'll be right back," he said, returning to the kitchen.

I sat down on the couch, and wrapped myself in the blanket. Tom quickly returned with his waffles, and plopped down next to me.

He rested his arm around my shoulders, allowing me to rest my head on his bare chest. I felt Tom carefully tickle my back through the back of my heavy sweatshirt.

I finished my waffles as Nemo touched the butt.

"Swiggty swooty, Nemo touched that booty," I heard Tom whisper.

I gently closed my eyes, as Tom ran his fingers through my hair. I felt completely safe in Tom's arms. The sound of the T.V. became distant, as I drifted into the sea of sleep.

A bright light hung over my head. I squinted, to make out hundreds of shadowy figures below me.

The room got brighter. I was sitting in a metal chair, on a stage. I looked to my left. The seat was empty. I looked to my right.

"Sonja? Tucker?" I asked. My voice sounded so small.

They looked up. Their skin was paler than usual. Sonja's usual light brown hair was replaced with dark black hair. Tucker's eyes were dark black, while Sonja's were bloodshot and full of tears.

"G-guys?" I asked. I looked back out, into the crowd. I saw evil faces, angry faces.

"H-hello?" I asked. One by one, the people in the crowd pointed behind me. I quickly darted around.

A large screen projected a disgusting, vile image. My stomach turned, and my eyes filled with tears.

The screen revealed Tom, strapped to a chair with chains. His head dangled down, but I could see bruises along his arms. Blood dripped from his nose.

"Tom," I whispered to myself. I watched his head lift. His eyes were also filled with tears. His nose looked broken, and dark purple blotches surrounded his eyes.

"Jordan, please listen to me, he's keeping me here. I want to come home, I need you. I miss you. Please he's-" Tom rambled.

My eyes darted around the screen. Where was he? I watched a hand come across his face.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT TALKING TO THE CAMERA?" a loud voice screeched.

"I-I'm sorry," Tom mumbled.

A familiar face came across the screen.

"Tom is mine. He will never love you, Jordan," the man said.

"He's lying Jordan, I love you, please-" I heard Tom cry.

"STOP TALKING!" I watched the man take a baseball bat, and slam it across Tom's face.

"TOM! TOM! PLEASE ANSWER ME!" I yelled. The screen went fuzzy.

"TOM!" I sobbed. I turned to Sonja and Tucker. They began laughing at me.

"Guys, please, Tom," I sobbed weakly.

I turned toward the crowd of shadows. They were pointing at me, laughing.

"PLEASE," I yelled, covering my ears. "MAKE IT STOP!"