Chapter 20

Jordan's POV

"Hello Mr. Maron. How are you feeling?" a girl in blue scrubs asked me.

"Tired.. My head hurts.." I mumbled.

"I see," she said, scribbling something down on her clipboard. "Mr. Maron, do you remember what happened last night?"

"Um, some of it... Am I in a hospital?" I asked her, looking around.

She laughed. "Yes sir, tell me what you remember,"

"I remember passing out. I remember my head was bleeding. I don't remember coming here though,"

"Ah, yes. That's understandable. See, what we believe what happened is that you had a panic attack and passed out. Unfortunately, as you fell, you hit your head pretty hard. Have you had troubles with anxiety or anything before?"

"No, not really.. Maybe when I was little, but not recently," I told her.

"Okay. Well, as you fell you split you head open, you had to get 12 stitches in your head. We are going to keep you here until noon, and if there are no complications you are free to go home," she explained.

"Okay.." I said.

"Your friend, Mark, offered to keep an eye on you during your recovery. You will have pain medication to help through the recovery. Are you hungry, in pain?" she asked.

"A little hungry," I told her.

"Okay, I will be up with some food for you, and you have some visitors. Would you like them to come in and sit with you?" she asked me.

"Yeah sure," I told her.

"Okay, I will send them in. I'll be right up with some food. Is a hamburger okay?"

"Perfect," I told her. Just like that, she was gone.

I looked over as the door opened. Arin, Suzy, Mark, Dan, Ross, Holly, Tucker, Sonja, and Tom all poured into the room.

"Hey bud," Mark said. "How ya feeling?" Oh god, it was Mark. Did he have to tell them about Tom and I's kiss?

"Um, okay," I said. My voice was very quiet.

Suzy sat a 'Get well Soon!' bear next to me.

Arin and Suzy gave me a hug. "We gotta run soon, but we wanted to make sure you were doing okay," Arin explained.

"Yeah, I'm doing good. They're gonna release me today," I told them.

"That's good! We'll check in on you when you are getting settled back in at home," Arin said. They told me goodbye, and to feel better soon.

Ross and Holly did the same, but Holly handed me a golden retriever plushie.

"Since Chica took such a liking to you, I made you a little plushie of her," Holly said.

"You made this?" I asked.

"Yeah, hope you like it!" We talked for a little bit, and they left swiftly, hugging me goodbye.

Dan sat in a chair, just looking at me. He looked pleasant, but he looked like he was trying to figure something out.

"Barry, Kevin, Matt and Ryan couldn't make it, but they sent you this card," Mark said, setting a card on my nightstand.

Tom stared out the window.

My burger arrived eventually, and Tucker, Sonja, Dan, Mark and I talked while I ate.

"You guys want anything?" I asked. I was feeling much better with some food in my stomach.

"Nah man, we're good," Dan laughed. Tucker stole a fry.

Dan said goodbye, and Sonja and Tucker followed quickly after.

Then there were three. Mark, Tom, and I.

"I drove your car here, I hope thats okay. I figured I could drive you home in it. I packed some stuff so I could stay over at your place. I pre-recorded some videos, so I can help you out,"

"Okay, sounds good," I told him. I looked over at Tom. He hadn't said a word this whole time.

"Hey Tom, can you go in the hallway for a sec? I gotta talk to Jordan," Mark told Tom.

"Sure," he said, leaving. That was the first thing he said. Sure.

"Okay, so, I don't want you to get upset, but you deserve to know what happened on the ride here," Mark explained to me.

"Okay," I was already dreading this conversation.

"The only people with you were Tom and I. Tom didn't know I saw you guys kissing,"

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't know he was gonna kiss me, and-"

"Jordan, it's okay. It's fine. I had to tell the paramedics that I saw you, because that is what triggered your panic attack. I'm sorry about that by the way. Panic attacks suck. I've never had one as serious as yours though," Mark said.

"Who else did you tell?" I asked him.

"No one, I figured you didn't want anyone to know. Tom is pretty quiet because he feels guilty he kissed you. He didn't even know I saw until I told the paramedics," Mark said.

"Oh.. Again, I'm sorry," I started to say.

"Stop dude, it's okay," Mark grabbed my hand to comfort me. "But, I have a question for you,"

"Okay,"

"Are you gay?" I knew that was coming, but I was still surprised when he asked. I honestly wasn't completely sure myself.

"...Yes."