Chapter Nineteen

Adam had helped Maddison to stand. She now stood next to him, while Eve stewed in her anger on the other side of him. She wasn't happy that she couldn't kill Maddison then, and there. When Adam told her they had to wait for Lilith, before they could terminate her. Eve blew a gasket. Maddison understood Gabe's comment about feeling sorry for Adam. If it wasn't for the fact that he planned on killing her, she probably would have felt sorry for him too.

She didn't get why she had to die, why was it so bad to be half angel, half demon. She wanted to know, she felt she had a right to know. 'Can you tell me why you need to kill me? I get it's because I'm half, and half. But is that really so bad?' She asked him.

'You really don't know anything about your heritage do you?'

She shrugged. 'I wouldn't be asking if I knew.'

He sighed. 'I guess we have some time. Are you aware that there is a Heaven, and Hell?'

'Since angel's and demons are real. I kind of guessed that Heaven, and Hell was real too.'

'Good, well the only ones who can enter Heaven are angel's. Just like the only ones to enter Hell Are Demons. That makes those two places are perspective safe places. Since our enemies can't access it.' He looked at her. 'Are you with me so far?' She nodded. 'There is one exception to that rule.'

What he was saying sunk in. 'Me.' She said.

'Yes, you. A Manah. They are able to go into any dimension. Heaven, and Hell. Which means as long as one of them are alive. Our safe place, is no longer safe.'

'Wouldn't it be better for you to try, and make them your friend instead of killing them? I mean if they like you than they wouldn't want any harm to come to your species.'

He shook his head. 'We tried that at first. When they were first made. It ended in disaster, they betrayed us, and slaughtered as many as they could in heaven. There was a war, and we eventually won. But we lost a lot in the process.'

'But that's unfair that you are judging me for the actions of others. I have no intention of going to Heaven, or Hell. And I sure as hell don't plan on killing anybody.'

He shrugged. 'You say that now. But you have a long life ahead of you, and speaking from experience. Time changes a person.'

Their conversation ended when Shedim returned holding onto a very pissed of Lilith. 'Let go of me.' Lilith said to her son, yanking her arm out of her hand.

'So nice of you to join us Lilith.' Eve sneered.

Lilith ignored Eve, looking over at Adam. 'Adam, what is the meaning of this?'

'Turn out mother.' Maddison said, speaking before Adam could. 'That these angels are not too happy with you, for having me.' She raised an eyebrow at her mother. If she was going down, she was taking the women with her.

Lilith laughed. 'You believe her?' She asked Adam. 'Because she says she is my daughter?' she rolled her eyes. 'She has obviously been told to say I am her mother.'

'How are you an angel?' Maddison asked. 'I thought angels were supposed to be good, and not lie.'

'It doesn't work that way.' Adam said from beside her. 'Being an angel doesn't automatically make you good, just like being a demon doesn't automatically make you evil. It's all about choice. An angel, or demon chooses to be good or evil.'

'What about me?' She asked softly. 'Why am I being sentenced to death, when I have only ever did the right thing.'

'You are still young, and will become very powerful. We cannot risk letting you live, and endangering us all.'