Chapter Two

Arriving at Seventeen Wood Drive, she noticed Officer Ryan's police car parked out the front of the two story white home. Parking her bike off the road, she lifted her helmet off her head wiping the sweat that had started to form on her face. The day was starting to warm up, which would making riding in her leather jacket uncomfortable if the temperature rose any higher. After removing her jacket and placing both it and her helmet on her bike she made her way up the flower lined footpath to the front door. She pressed the door bell and waited for someone to answer. She was surprised when the door opened and Officer Ryan was standing there to greet her

She had met him a little over a year ago, if met was the right word. He was chasing after some guy who had just stolen a purse from an elderly women. He had been off duty at the time and wasn't in his usual police uniform. He was chasing the thief down a busy footpath, trying his best to dodge the pedestrians when suddenly he crashed into Maddison sending them both flying to the ground. He was quick to get back on his feet and was about to continue his pursuit when Maddison moaned in pain. He looked over at her, noticing that she was clutching her ankle, which had already been injured before he had knocked her down. She had fallen from a two story building the day before and had broken it in the fall. Her bodies, supernatural powers had managed to heal it enough so she could walk on it, being knocked down had increased the damage.

Being the gentlemen that he is, Officer Ryan knelt down beside her. 'I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.'

'It's ok, you didn't. My ankle was already sore'

'Do you need to go to the hospital?'

'No. it's fine really. I just bruised it is all'

'Let me at least help you stand' he said reaching for her arm, pulling her gently to her feet. 'Can you stand on it?' he asked looking uncertain about letting her stand on her own.

Nodding her head she sighed in relief as the pain began to subside. She healed faster than most people. A broken bone only took a couple of days to heal, cuts and scratches even less. 'Thank you' she said when he released her arm.

He didn't say anything to her, just looked down the pathway in the direction that the man he had been chasing went. 'God dam it! Oh sorry,' he said blushing as he looked at her. 'I didn't mean to curse in front of you.'

'Its fine I have been known to let a few slip every now and again. Why were you chasing that man?'

He sighed 'He had just stolen an old women's purse, I was trying to get it back for her.'

She bit her lower lip feeling bad that she was the reason the man had gotten away 'I don't know if you have heard of my little shop I own, but I specialize in helping people find things that are lost, or in this case stolen. I have a special... knack for finding things. Since I'm the reason he had gotten away I can help you find where he went'

He looked at her sceptically 'Are you like some kind of physic?"

'Something like that' She said looking down at the footpath.

'Well how does it work?'

Her head shot up in surprise 'I had managed to see what the guy looked like as he ran past, so all I need to do is touch you on the arm and that should be enough for me to track him.'

'I'm not saying I believe in this stuff but I the way I see it, I don't have anything to lose by trying... I won't lose anything will I?' he asked uncertain, he looked as if he was worried that it would cost him his soul, or something along those lines.

She had to fight the laugh that bubbled up inside of her, shaking her head she took hold of his arm and closed her eyes. She allowed her ability to take over, and followed the man all the way back to his apartment. When she came back to her body she informed Ryan of the address the guy lived at.