Chapter Five

It had taken Maddison a whole day to work up the nerve to go to Club Hell and see Gabe. It wasn't just the allure of finding out exactly what she is, but she had no luck in finding any other way to track down Lucifer the missing man. Without entry to his condo she knew she would never be able to find him. She had been set on calling Ms Angel and telling her that she couldn't do the job. It was her pride at never failing in her job before that had stopped her from picking up the phone to call her, and instead grabbing her jacket and ridding down to Gabe's club.

The same guard as the last time she had been there stood at the door. She didn't wait for him to ask to see her arm, instead she had her sleeve already rolled up and waiting for his inspection. He didn't speak to her, just stood aside and allowed her to enter. She wasn't all too happy to be back at the club, hopefully it wouldn't be too hard for her to find Gabe, and get the information about herself, and convince him that she needs to see his bosses apartment and then get the hell out of there.

She was blinded by laser lights flashing all around the dance floor, as she entered the club. Strobe lights also flashed making the people on the dance floor seem as though they were dancing slower than they really were. She blinked a couple of times trying to make her eyes adjust to her new surroundings. Gabe had told her to ask for him and the only person she could think of to ask was the man standing behind the bar running back and forth as he served his customers. She made her way to the bar, waiting for the people in front of her to be served before there was enough room for her to reach it. It took the guy a while before he came to her.

'What can I get you?'

"I was actually wondering if you could help me, I am looking for someone, he said to ask for him. Do you know where Gabe is?'

He nodded his head, then pointed to the end of the bar where a staircase sat, she hadn't noticed it until he pointed it out. 'He's up there.'

'Thanks,' she said but he had already moved on to his next customer.

She made her way over to the staircase, she was about to walk on the first step when a large man who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, stood in front of her. 'VIP only,' he said in a gruff voice.'

'I'm told the guy I am looking for is up there, he asked me to meet him here so I need to be able to get up there.'

He folder his arms over is chest, and glared at her. 'VIP only.'

Not knowing any other way to convince the guy she decided to try and slip into his head and use a little bit of compulsion instead. She was able to slip in easy enough but once in it felt like she had come up against a brick wall. She tried to push against whatever it was blocking her, and although she felt it become a little less solid she was not able to enter his mind. 'What are you doing? You know you are wasting your time. Why bother trying it won't work?'

'What are you talking about?'

He pointed to his head, making her eyes widen in shock. She had never come across anyone who knew when she was trying to enter their mind before. Then again she hadn't come across someone whose mind she couldn't enter. There was something very wrong with this place. The more she was here the more she wanted to run away screaming. The old her would have done that, but she wasn't that person anymore. So she straightened her shoulders and glared at the guy. 'Listen I was asked by Gabe to come here and meet him. If you aren't going to let me up there, than you are going to have to go up there and get him for me!'

'Why didn't you say Gabe wanted to see you? He says before stepping out of her way and gesturing with his arm for her to walk past him. She wanted to roll her eyes but thought better of it, instead she walked past him up the stairs.