Chapter 9

(Liam's POV)

“Hey boys!” Lou clapped her hands together as we walked into her workspace. There were already racks of clothing that Caroline picked out for us, and a photographer on site to make sure that not only do we look good in person, but also in photograph. The paparazzi are ruthless. We might as well look good while in public. Well, as good as we can look after being in a car crash around a week ago.

“Hey Lou.” I half hugged her with my good arm. The shoulder of the other arm was still sore and hurt to lift sometimes. She hugged me tightly back and made her way down out row of bodies. Harry was in the middle of our line in his wheelchair. Lou leaned down and laid her small hands on his shoulders.

“Man, that crash did some work on you, Harry.” She frowned and cupped his cheek.  Harry looked confused at first, but then he saw her frown and tried to make her feel better by smiling. He hadn’t smiled in a while and it was good to see himWhen she stood back up she flipped her blonde hair away from her face. She continued with hugs and then stood back and looked at us all at once.

“What do you have for us?” Niall spoke up, stepping forward. “That interview is in a week, so we have to look good. Honestly we look pretty rough.” He motioned back to us and I chuckled.

“Speak for yourself Nialler.” I snickered.

“You’re the one with two black eyes.” Zayn laughed under his breath. I tenderly poked at my sore skin by my eyes. Stupid broken nose. That’s what I get for putting my seatbelt behind me when we were driving. It’s either get choked by the belt of get your face bashed in by the back of the seat.

“Well, we really need to focus on what you’re going to do for Hazza.” Louis said, placing his hands on Harry’s shoulders. Harry looked up and pursed his lips. He reached for his white board from the side pocket attached to his wheelchair and bit the cap off the marker before writing.

Do what you gotta do, Lou. He smiled and showed out stylist the board. She smiled and held her chin. Harry pulled his bored down and wiped his hand across the surface, erasing the words. He scribbled something else down and showed it to Louis. The two of them laughed with one another. Laughing was another thing Harry hadn’t done in a while. We all wanted to know how he felt about everything, but he shut himself up.

“Alright boys. I think we have some good clothing choices for all of you. Harry’s clothing will have to be modified for that thing up his leg.” She lazily pointed at Harry’s odd cast. It went up past his knee and then had a sleeve of flexible material before a hard cast again on his thigh. “No black skinnies for him.” She frowned and it made us all laugh, Harry excluded. He just sat silently and tried to ignore the fact that he was out of the conversation because of his hearing loss.

Caroline, who helped us out with clothing pulled the racks forward and grabbed me by the arm. I winced and she automatically apologized. “Sorry, just a bit sore.” I said, rubbing my shoulder and soothing the pain away.

“You know the drill.” She said as she pulled up a plain white T and a plaid long sleeve. She held it up to my chest and smiled. “Okay, shirt- off.” She waved her hands in the air and set the shirt and plaid down. “Try those on and then show me.” She smiled and tapped me on the chest. I gave her a smile in return and worked my own shirt off. It was harder to do than normal since the crash was still fresh. I try to toughen up and just ignore the pain, but I was stuck in that car as well. The stitches in my leg itch, my head throbs all the time, and my arm is practically useless until it heals on its own. And it was all because of some stupid bloke who got pissed off his ass.

Why couldn’t this just all disappear? Harry could have his hearing back and we would be relaxing on our days off between interview and shows, playing video games or something else other than doing the bidding of management instead of recuperating.