Chapter 6

(Harry's POV)

I was getting very aggravated with my body while I was sitting on the couch. As I watched everyone having fun playing pillow jousting with my wheelchair and my office chair, the inside of my ears were oscillating between severe pain and then nothing. I wished it were one of the other. That way I could at least try and ignore the pain. I watched for a few more moments before the pain got so bad I hung my head down and cupped my ears. I could feel something wet drip from my ears and soak into the gauze that was protecting them. I groaned.

The couch dipped next to me and I tried to lean away from however sat down and give them space. I felt a hand on my shoulder and a shake. I groaned again and pressed my hands against my ears harder, hoping some of the intense pain I felt would go away. I got shook again and that time I swatted at the person’s hand. They stopped for a moment but then Niall put his face in front of mine. I squeezed my eyes shut, cringing at the sparking pain in my ears.

I opened them to see a message on a white board. You okay?

 I shook my head and tried my best to point at the source of my pain. Niall must have figured out what was causing it all because he pulled at my hands and started talking to the guys about something. They all got worried looks on their faces and I groaned again. It was a bit of a blur after that. I felt two hands on me and I was lifted up from the couch I was on. I ground my teeth together and stifled a groan as they bumped my bum leg into the coffee table. Then someone handed me a glass of water and some horse pills to swallow. They had to be my pain medication and that was something I surely needed. I swallowed then and coughed a little, tears stinging my eyes.  I leaned back in the wheelchair and looked up at Zayn who was pushing me down the hall.  

Zayn looked down at me and wrinkled his nose at my hat. No one really liked it, but it was for the days I didn’t wash my hair. It gets pretty greasy, and I could only imagine how bad it was underneath my hat after a few days of not showering properly due to being in the hospital. I searched around for my white board to ask him to direct me towards the bathroom, but it was nowhere. Time to use the vocal cords.

“I need a shower.” I grumbled, pulling at my hat and revealing the mess of curls underneath that were tangled and knotted. “I really need a shower” My voice cracked from not using it as often as I had been before. I saw Zayn bend into a chuckle as he wheeled me into my room and towards my en suite bathroom. The world was spinning around me and I felt my body get more and more sluggish as my medication kicked in.

I leaned forward, grabbing for the edge of my tub. I missed the porcelain, almost toppling out of my wheelchair. Zayn caught me and settled me back into my chair. He made sure I sat still as he turned the water on. Steam filled the bathroom and billowed out into my room. I was slouching in my chair when Niall and Louis came in. Perrie stood in the doorway and looked amused. My vision was foggy around the edge, but I figured that it was quite the scene with three guys trying to get me out of my chair and into the tub without breaking anymore of my body.

(Louis' POV)

“Lads, we gotta get his clothes off.” Niall said, holding Harry’s top half up.

“That’s my cue to exit the room.” Perrie chirped, side stepping out of the bathroom doorway. I groaned as we lost one more person to help us get Harry cleaned up.

Harry was trying to keep his balance on his own foot, but his medication was kicking in big time and he was nearly done for the night. I couldn’t help but laugh when he looked up with a smile on his face and wiggled in Niall’s arms. He slouched back against Niall and his weight made Niall buckle back a little. I quickly offered my help and we held Harry up steadily. “Zayn, get his trousers-“