Chapter 2

(Harry's POV)

I remember waking up, feeling groggy and aching all over. There was nothing dull about the aches that I felt. I blinked my eyes open, seeing nothing but darkness. I closed them again, giving in to my tired body.

I remember waking up again, this time I knew where I was, but still wasn’t sure about what had happened. I was twisted awkwardly in my seat. The way Preston had stuck me before-

What happened?

When I tried to move, I found it impossible to move my neck at all. I tried to feel around with the rest of my body, but I felt instantly sick to my stomach from the pain. My body gave out on me and I sat there, blinking away the darkness, but it took over once more.

I kept hearing this ringing. A high pitch ring that you get when you- Something like when you stand too close to speakers with a microphone in your hand. It was that kind of ringing. It’s all I could hear. When I opened my eyes for the final time, something was covering my face. I could feel it. It was some kind of sheet. I tried to move it out of the way, but I found that my arms were immobile as well.

That was when I started to panic.

I found it had to breath, hard to move, hard to do anything. It was like waking up in the middle of the night, without being fully awake, with a blanket over your face. It was terrifying. Suddenly, I felt something press to my forehead and what felt like a huge release of pressure on the rest of my body.

The ringing in my ears continued, but at least some of the pain was gone. The sheet slipped from my face I saw a purpling sky. It was weird; I remembered that it was strictly dark out, nighttime, when we got in the car.

In the car…

Shit. Everything was started to come back to me and I realized what was going on around me. The reasons why my body was aching all over and the why I wasn’t able to move my head were because of those blinding lights coming at us. We were in a car crash.

My breathing picked up to the point of hyperventilation. I was seeing the early morning sky, which meant the roof of the car wasn’t there anymore. I was seeing flashing lights in between fits of blurred vision as well, which calmed my nerves only slightly.

I blinked away some tears that had started to fall. I didn’t know anything past the fact that I was injured and in a smashed car. I didn’t know what happened to Louis, Liam, Zayn, Niall, or even Preston. I was alone, very alone and left with only this ringing in my ears.

(Liam's POV)

“Ah, dammit- f-“ I groaned, grabbing my shoulder. There was this intense, blinding, pain there that I could only connect to my shoulder being out of place. I also felt blood dripping from my nose. I smacked my head pretty hard against the back of Harry’s seat-

Harry.

“Hey, Har-“ I croaked out, sputtering blood from my lips. “Harry, you okay up there?” The car that hit us came out of nowhere and hit the front, right side of our SUV. That was where Harry was sitting. I never got a response from Harry and that worried me. “Hazza?” I called out again. “Oh god, don’t be-“ I feared the worst.

When I tried to wiggle from my seat, I found that my leg was stuck between the edge of my seat and the car door that was smashed in. The more I moved it, the more it hurt.

“Mr. Payne. Please don’t move.” I looked over, through the broken window and saw a paramedic shining a stupid light in my face. “You’ve been a serious car accident. Does anything hurt?”