Chapter 7 - School in London

I heard a loud ringing, waking me up. It was high pitched and just annoying.
'Ugh.' Dan moaned, next to me. I felt his body rise. 'Phil, get up, school!'

'Oh..' I mumbled, pulling myself off the bed,

'Do you want to have the first shower?' Dan smiled.

'Sure!' I replied, slowly becoming more awake, Dan led me to the bathroom.

'Use this towel!' He handed me a white fluffy towel, the sort they have in hotels.'Don't take too long, otherwise I won't get one.'

'Thanks!' I smiled, as he walked out, I locked the door, before stripping down and jumping into the warm shower, I used a little of Dans 'twilight' shower gel and borrowed some shampoo and conditioner as I forgot to unpack them, then jumped out of the shower and dried myself.

I took my time, and thought about life. About Dan, he was perfect, he was everything. I think- I might be falling for him. But this made no sense, I am straight? Is Dan gay? Can Dan be my acception, he is so dreamy, and perfect, I am. I am in love with daniel Howell.
I looked at myself in the mirror, staring back at me was an ugly creature, with cuts covering his chest, burns on his back and bruises down his legs. I shivered. 'I won't cut, I promised myself.' I whispered, leaving the bathroom.

'Showers free!' I called to Dan, as I walked into my room,

'Wait- PHIL!' I heard, turning around, I saw Dan running after me.

'Whats up?' I smiled,

'Why is your back coated in weird marks?' He moaned. Shit, thank god I was covering my chest and legs.

'Eh, it's a long story.' I whispered.

'Oh.. Feel free to explain..'

'I will, later?' I felt myself go red, I was so embarrassed.

'Fine, but tell me soon.' He mumbled, he stroked the length of my back once, causing me to shiver, before walking back into his room.

I walked into my room, and changed into the uniform which was in my wardrobe. I looked so smart.

Black trousers, white shirt, black tie and a blazer.

'Damn.' I mumbled, staring at myself in the mirror. I looked so, smart.

I walked down the stairs, as I heard Dan scurry across the landing, Dans parents would have left for work boy now, they drop the younger kids off earlier. So it was supper quiet.

'Dan, do you want a coffee or a tea?' I called, putting the kettle on. I brought my straight iron downstairs with me, so I could do my hair as I made breakfast.

'Yeah, please!'

I got out two mugs, and also got out some bacon, making two bacon baguettes for breakfast. I lay it out at the breakfast bar just as Dan reached the door.

'Oh, you didn't have to do that! I normally just eat cereal!' Dan ruffled my hair as he walked passed.

He looked so different with a uniform on.

'Mmmm.. This is good, thanks Phil.'

'No problems, when do we leave for school?' I smiled.

'Err, five minutes, we are early for once!' He chuckled.

We sat in the lounge, in silence. There was no point in turning the tv on if we are going to leave in five minutes.

'Explain to me, about your back.' He spoke, looking down into his hands.

'Ugh.. Okay.. Only because you opened up about cutting and all that. My dad, he used to, get drunk a lot, on nights when my mum would be out working or something, so I would be at home alone. He'd bring his friends home, and they'd-' I shivered, going silent, I felt a tear merge from my eye.

'Phil, it's okay.' Dan whispered, moving closer and grabbing my hand, squeezing it tight.

'He used to beat me, Dan. I have bruises down my legs, and they used to burn my back by boiling the kettle. It was so painful, Dan it was a nightmare, but in real life! Sometimes, on occasions, he even scratch my back with a broken bottle, it was horrible..'
'Oh.. Oh god, when did it start?'

'Three years ago, he did it quite often, once a week, if not more, one time, he did it basically everyday. It was horrid!'

'Does he.. Still do it?' Dan mumbled.

'Yeah, but not as often, but it would be a lot worse, he sometimes gets a baseball bat, and hit my back with that for a while. Until I went uncontious. Oh, it's time to leave.' I whispered the last sentence. I felt tears prickling at my eyes, but I wiped them away and stood up.

'Okay..' Dan mumbled, he seemed quite drifted, and unaware of what was happening completely. He leaned in, giving me a hug. 'You are worth so much more than that, your dad was wrong..'

We walked out the house, and began down the street, but Dan was quiet.

'What is the matter dan?' I asked.

'I cannot believe.. Somebody would hurt someone like you ...' He begun.'Phil, I know you cut, from when you told me. Is that why?' I nodded in response.' Oh.. Oh Phil.' He stopped walking and hugged me, tight. 'I am so sorry, okay, look, I won't let you get beaten, ever again, you are to much of a nice caring loveable person.'

'Thanks, but when I go back, I will most likely get beaten again, it's nice to have a break.'

'I am not letting you leave..' Dan whispered into my ear, and then broke the hug.

'I don't want to leave, I think I have already made a best friend, and it's my brother..' I giggled, as we continued walking.

'I think- we saved eachother.. From ourselves..' Dan stroked my arm once before taking my grasp.

'Thank fuck for my mum kicking me out of America!' I replied, squeezing his hand.

'I owe your mum, for having you with me.' Dan smiled, as we reached the school gates.

'Welcome to hell.' Dan mumbled.

'Well, I have my new bestfriend brother, and I have a happy home to go to after, so let's do this!'

I pulled Dan along, but broke his grasp after, people would get the wrong impression. Not that I wouldn't mind that.

'Lets go to the front office and get you signed in.' Dan smiled, as we got to where all the person where, a few people greeted Dan, and gave me a funny look, but I shrugged it off, and we got to the front office area.

We got my classes, most where will Dan, which was good. I only have maths and games without him, which I could live with. We even shared the same form, the bell rang, signaling we had our first class, which was form. This was where you sit in a room, get told any notices and catch up with friends.

We arrived to form late, as Dan needed the bathroom.

'Sorry we are late miss.' Dan mumbled, as he walked into the room, and looked for a desk to sit at. 'Sit over here.'

I did as he said, and waddled to where he pointed, as this point the class where silent and looking at me funny.

'YOU MUST BE PHILIP LESTER.' The teacher smiled.

'Yeah- well my name is actually just Phil..' I spoke, causing a few people to mumble. 'Are you American?' Someone asked, I nodded in response, sitting down on the chair next to Dan. Under the table, he grabbed my hand, squeezing it.

'I won't let you suffer here.' He whispered.

'Thank you.' I replied silently, as the tutor carried on with her announcements.

Once finished, some people turned around to me and Dan.

'So your new, why did you move here?' A girl asked, she whipped her hair back, and smiled, playing with a lock of her hair.

'It is all quite confusing, I- held a house party and my mum said it was one step to far..' I moaned on.

'Wow.. BADArse.' The boy next to this girl winked.

'Yeh..' I whispered.

'Leave him alone!' Dan moaned, trying to make them turn around.

'Sorry Dan,' the girl winked, and blew a kiss to Dan before Turing back.

'Girlfriend?' I mumbled, slightly jealous.

'Defiantly not!'

- - (time skip, 8 hours)

School went quite quick, and it was 3:00pm in no time, me and Dan decided to go into the town and get a Starbucks on the way home.

'How did you find it?' Dan smiled,

'Erm.. Weird..' I mumbled.

'How come?'

'It was just so different, we do different subjects to you and the whole way of learning is so foreign to me..'

'Aw, well, I can always help you if you need it, I'm only ever across the hall!' Dan chuckled, slurping his hot drink.

We arrived home, and walked up to our separate rooms, I decided to Skype Jake, and tell him how things had been going.

'HEY!' Jake smiled.

'Hi!' I spoke calmly.

'How was school, was it weird, do you have friends, are you a loner?'

'It was okay, I hung with Dan's friends, they seem cool enough, how is America?'

'Okay, weird, Jonah really misses you, he keeps making me go to his house and stuff as he has nothing to do.'

'Sorry- I kinda like it- I mean it's really cool here in England. My family are so caring, and my host brother is so kind and caring..'

'Is he- replacing us..' Jake mumbled, his voice suddenly sad.

'No no no! Dan is just a friend, he's nothing more, you are my best friend, always will be! I only like him because he is helping me get more friends at school and helping me with homework!' Total lie, I was in love with Dan. I had known him only a few days, and I was already in a deep love.

'Aha, good, Dan is a right faggot! I'm the only friend for you!'

'Yeh!'

- (time skip, two hours)

I went off Skype after an hour and did my homework.

I walked out my door, deciding to see what Dan was doing.

'Dan!' I knocked, genially.

'What.' He spoke, harshly.

'Wanna play xbox or something!'

'Id prefer not to, considering you are only using me to get friends, oh and do all your work, fuck off Phil!' Dan shouted, his voice sounded slightly in pain, he wasn't... Cutting.

'DAN NO! I DIDNT MEAN IT LIKE THAT, JAKE WAS JUST JEALOUS! I HAD TO MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER!'

'Ballshit.'

I pushed his door open, to find him laying on the bed, with a few fresh cuts, bleeding down his wrist.

'Dan..' I whispered, running to him, but grabbing a top from the floor just before, I pushed it against the cut, trying to decrease the blood loss.

'Why?' Dan whispered. 'Why use me..'

'I didn't, I would never. You have been nothing but nice to me and I adore you for that, Dan I would never be able to hate you or use you. It was just so Jake didn't get upset about losing me, we had been friends since forever. Dan, if I had to save one person in the whole world, it would be you, and I have only known you four days!'

'Ohh.' He moaned, closing his eyes. 'I feel, dizzy-'

'Dan, breath, stay calm, rest, okay.' I mumbled, pulling the duvet over him, and tucking him in as if he was sleeping, then I ran to my room and back with the first aid kit, and bandaged him up.

'Rest!'

'Only if you stay here, with me?'

'Fine.' I whispered, climbing into bed with him, and facing him. He looked into my eyes, and is looked into his. The beautiful colour of chocolate.

'Go to sleep, I'll be here when you awake..'

I leaned, and kissed his forehead gently, then grabbed his hand, and closed my own eyes, allowing sleep to take us both.