Finally Moving On

After I saved Marcel from the burning opera house I stayed there for quite a few years.

I helped Marcel gain control of his city. I even helped him control the witches for the time I was there. The witches seemed to fear me.

I helped him fully control the city. Marcel even thanked me. He and I ruled the city together but he let all the power get to his head. I realized there was no bringing him back.

I decided to leave the city. Marcel was hesitant at first because he would be losing his "weapon" against the witches. After about a year of thinking he agreed only if one day I would return. I had agreed even though I wasn't sure that I was going to return.

We said our farewells and I parted ways with my dear friend Marcel and the place I had learned to call home.

I wanted to travel. Granted I had been across a decent amount of places looking and trying to catch up with the Mikealsons; I had never really liked and appreciated the beauty of most places.

I saved Marcel in 1919 and it is now 2010. I'm sitting at Duke university organizing Isobel's research that she left on her desk. She had missed quite a few days lately.

I'm distracted as Katerina Petrova and Damon Salvatore walk in together after a man who I don't know walk in before them. I turn to Vanessa my friend to see if she knows who they are and why they are here.

I offered to help her in the office lately. She had been jammed up since Isobel stopped showing up a few days ago.

"Hi, my name is Alaric Saltzman. I called earlier" the once unknown man announced himself to be Alaric.

"Ah yes my name is Vanessa I'm the research assistant. This is my friend Alesia. Isobel was one of my first professors"

"These are my friends Damon and Elena" Alaric informs Vanessa as she looks a little confused as to who they are. Elena looks just like Katerina and Tatia. Elena is their doppleganer and my great, great (many times great) niece.

I catch Damon keep stealing glances in my direction. He knows he remembers me from somewhere. He should because we spent 2 years together drinking New York dry, in blood and alcohol, about 10 years ago. However I did compel him to forget because there was a coven of witches after me and if they knew anyone I was friends with the witches would have killed him.

I snapped back into reality. When Vanessa led them to the office I was working in before they had arrived, Isobel's office.

I walked in with them and I observed one person. I already knew Damon was a vampire. Alaric, I think his name was, didn't look or act like a supernatural creature. The one person I watched carefully was 'Elena'. When I watched her, she didn't have the confidence Katerina Petrova not did she have the attitude to match the confidence. In all honesty I believe Elena is Elena and my guess is that she is human but I'm not quite sure.

Vanessa had left the room. "Where'd she go"Damon asked as he messed with a few knick knacks on Isobel's side desk.

I turned and saw Vanessa enter the room with a wooden crossbow. Elena gasped and Vanessa pulled the trigger. In the same instant Damon rushed in front of Elena and took the arrow in the back for her.

Katerina would have never of stood there so scared and helpless. She's definitely Elena the human but she did remind me of my sister Tatia. I wanted to revolt my lunch at the sight of her face.

Alaric had pushed Vanessa up against the walk with his forearm at her throat. The reflex speed was faster then a normal human but I shrugged it off.

Elena seems to snap out of shock and squats down to see if Damon is okay.

Alaric takes Vanessa in the main office and sits her down in the chair. She probably freaking out now. Seeing Damon Salvatore and Katerina's look a like. She thought they were both dead. She has never known a vampire besides me but she does not know that I am one.