Everyone is on edge and it's a beautiful sight. Tonight's prank will only take place once pudding starts, so as to catch everyone off guard. After Dumbledore's waves his hands and the feast appears, no one dares take a bite. It's as if someone froze time. No one says anything as we all look at one another waiting for someone brave to take one for the team. I play along, refusing to try any of the food. It's when one hungry Hufflepuff shrugs her shoulders and grabs a piece of chicken that others around her do the same. And soon, everyone is taking careful bites of whatever they long to devour. When nothing happens, the friendly chatter engulfs the Great Hall and I smile in accomplishment. No one suspects a thing. 

It's when all different types of pudding replace the feast and everyone begins digging in that I send Sirius the signal, which is three taps to my nose and a flick to Peter's ear. "Ouch." Pete yelps as I flick him a little too forcefully. "Sorry!"

Sirius swishes his wand underneath the table, muttering an incantation of sorts.

Suddenly, the double doors bust open and zombies come racing into the hall. To say people took the intrusion well would be far too kind. Some faint, some yell, some run and some sit there in shock. Though throughout the ongoing chaos, Professor Dumbledore watches the scene with a smile.

The zombies were given careful instruction not to touch the students, however being close enough to merely make them uncomfortable and afraid.

The potion takes thirty seconds to develop into the consumer. Remus counts down the seconds on his watch. "Ten seconds, Keeks, you're up."

I don't need to be told twice as I raise my wand and continue listening to Remus count down the seconds. When he reaches one, I drain the room of light. Everything is pitch black and even more screams are heard.

I give the process a couple seconds before turning the lights back on.

The screaming goes on as every student in here notices their friends, as well as themselves, are skeletons. This along with the chaos of the zombies still running around, causes me to let out a long joyous laugh. "We did it again, boys. Another successful prank."

Sirius' arms find my waist and he picks me up with ease and twirls me around in the air. I laugh while being spun about and wrap my legs around his torso, clinging onto him. "Put Ms Holland down this instant!" The shrill Scottish sound of McGonagall's voice booms from behind us. I turn my head to face her, still holding onto Sirius with my arms and legs wrapped around him. "Awe, Minnie, do you wanna carry me instead?" I bat my eyelashes at the woman innocently.

She ignores me and her right eye twitches. As much as I like to egg her on, she is still one of my favourite professors whom I have the utmost respect for. "You all have detention this whole week for your shenanigans."

"What a pleasant word. Shenanigans." James chuckles. "Permission to use it sometime, eh Minnie?"

"I suggest you lot stop making snide remarks before I double your punishment."

"What's a shenanigan?" Peter cluelessly asks.

"Two weeks detention!"

*

"I must say, well done." Violet's calm voice sounds from behind me and I flip around to come face-to-face with her bright smile. "All of you. I am quite impressed with your magical capabilities. Brilliant job." She tips her invisible hat at us.

Before anyone else gets even a breath in, a very bashful Remus Lupin says. "Thanks, you too." He squeezes his eyes shut and immediately regrets his word choice. I snort in amusement at the boy's flustered state. "I-I mean, you do good too. You would do good if you helped...I mean –"