5.

School started on Monday and Ethan was lazy as a log. He was planning on going to school late anyway. So he did. He took his time on getting up, took his time on taking a shower, took his time on picking out his outfit, and he took his time on eating his breakfast.

He was taking his time that when he checked the time, it was 09:00 AM already. He only yawned and locked his phone, putting it back inside his jean pocket. He started his car and drove to school.

The parking lot was empty. Empty of students of course, not of cars. He parked in one of the parking lots and turned off his engine. He's still tired. So he took out a cigarette and smoke it for a while. Then he left the cigarette hang between his lips as he took his back pack and got out of his car.

The school halls were empty. So he took a couple more smokes from the cigarette and stepped on it right after.

The belle rang, a sign that the period was over. The third period to be specific. And so Ethan went inside by the time the students start spilling out of their classrooms.

"Ethan, where the fuck have you been?" Jake came up to him and messed up his hair.

Ethan looked at him, "Was at home. Taking my time on going to school," he said while yawning.

Jake only laughed at him and said, "Oh! I've spotted Wendy. Gotta go," he said as he jogged towards his girlfriend.

Ethan watched them starting to kiss. In front of everyone. It was kind of disgusting because it looked like they can fuck in the hallway anytime soon.

Ethan looked away and his mind wandered all the way back to Daisy. He smiled at himself as he shook his head.

Where is she?

He was looking down when his shoulder bumped onto someone. He was about to get mad but, the person who bumped onto him was a girl.

With glasses and brown hair. Her hands were wrapped around her books and folders tightly. She looked at him, with a slight fear in her eyes. It's as if she was waiting for Ethan to scream and yell curse words at her.

But Ethan didn't have the heart to do it. She looked so fragile.

"Uh.. I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was heading," He said, as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Oh, it's... Alright. I wasn't looking too," she said with a sincere smile.

Ethan smiled back.

"Well uh... I better go," she said as she pointed at the hall.

Ethan nodded. She turned around and started leaving but he realized that he heard her voice before and so,

"Wait!" He yelled a bit and ran after her. He was now beside her.

"What's your name?" He asked.

The girl hesitated for a bit. She pushed up the frame of her glasses and tugged some lose strands of hair behind her ear. She slowly spelled out her name,

"My name's... Daisy," she looked down. She was trying to look anywhere else but Ethan. She just can't handle it.

Ethan's eyes widen as she spoke out her name. He couldn't believe it. What a fucking coincidence that he bumped onto the girl of his dreams in the middle of the hallway. How funny is that?

"Daisy... Ridley?" He asked. It was kinda stupid because he knew that it wasn't her real name.

"Yeah, well no, I'm not Daisy Ridley but... I am?" She end her sentence in a questioning manner.

Ethan chuckled at her statement and Daisy was embarrassed. He smiled.

"What's your real name then?" He asked again.

"Daisy Ambrose," she smiled as she finally looked up at him.

Her eyes were big with a light shade of brown in them. Her skin was tan, as if the sun kissed her and left her a beautiful mark. She was blushing, cheeks were redder than an apple.

"I'll see you after school?" Ethan asked her. She only nodded with the same big smile on her face.

Ethan walked Daisy all the way back to her class. Everyone stared at them, because until last summer, Daisy was no one. Well, she was a big part of the school's mathletes and their school's community service. But half of the school doesn't really know her like they know Ethan, the captain of lacrosse team. She doesn't know how she can end up with Ethan. Let alone get him to like her. Because boys never looked at her twice and she doesn't mind. But now that she got the boy of her dreams walking next to her, she doesn't know what to do.

"This is it," she stopped walking and Ethan stopped walking.

"I'll see you during lunch," he smiled. He couldn't stop smiling today.

"Yeah," Daisy blushed and waved at him before going inside Biology class.

Ethan kept on smiling.

...