Chapter 84

Violet

It's been a full ten minutes since Liam left me all alone on this half empty driveway. I haven't been able to move, I don't want to. I don't want to to go back there and make a fool out of myself. I've done enough of that tonight. It's freezing, I'm cold and my head is hurting from all the crying, but none of that matters when all I want to know how Liam is doing. I've debated in my head if I should text him or call him, thought I seriously doubt he wants to speak to me at the moment.

Everything that could have wrong went seriously fucking wrong. Never did I think Bennett would do that to me, all because I didn't want him to end up hurt over our friendship? He knew damn well it wasn't going to workout if he has feelings for me... Well had, because chances are he hates me now too. Besides, there's no way in hell I will ever forgive him for this, wanting my relationship to end for his selfish needs? He's so fucked up, but I'm no better.

I'm the whole cause of this fight. If I hadn't kissed him, if I would have just told Liam... All of this could've been avoided. I really do love setting myself up without even trying. I know Liam, I know he is hurting but he will let me explain myself, even when I don't deserve to.

I'm somewhat drunk, I'm cold and I'm alone. Everyone else is still in the back, minding their own business, probably making sure Ben doesn't bleed out. My friends, they probably hate me too. I ruined the ending to Harry's night, I'm such a great friend. "Violet?" Alexis' comforting voice calls me. "Hey, I thought you left with him. Did he leave by himself?" She wraps her arms from behind me.

I nod, closing my eyes and quietly sobbing. "He said he needed to get away from me."

"Where did he go?" She hugs me tighter.

"I don't know," I shake my head, "he just said he needed to leave or he would continue to punch Bennett. I'm so stupid, I should have told him. I was only trying to prevent him from getting hurt, I didn't mean any of this. You know that." I hide behind my hands and let reality consume me.

"I know you didn't, I know that more than anyone." She rubs my arm and puts her head on mine. "Why did he do that?"

"He said it himself. Because I ended our friendship, all because I didn't want him to get hurt by the fact that I will never love him. But now? He can go to hell for all I care."

"Jesus," she mumbles under her breath. "This is so crazy."

What about my life isn't?

"Where's Harry?" I want to at least apologize for being the cause of this disaster. I ruined his birthday party, I have the tendency of ruining things.

"Inside with Andre, making sure Bennett doesn't pass out. He might have a concussion. Liam left him pretty bad."

"He did?" Worry flashes across my face. Not that I care about how Ben is doing, I just hope not enough damage was done to where he will press charges against Liam. The last thing CEO Liam Payne needs is to be all over the news for beating up someone. I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of being mentioned in the media as the reason Liam got into a fight, being painted in a bad light would cause so much frenzy. His publicist would hate me.

"Yeah. Let's go you inside. It's cold." She nudges me but I don't budge.

"I don't want to see him." I'm scared he would try to do something against me.