3: Stay With Me?

"No, Lucy! You don't understand!" He implied, raising his voice while still remaining calm. "I don't want to graduate!"

I stammered back, shocked at his statement, "How could you possibly not-"
Natsu reached his arms over the bed and roughly pulled me into the bed with him. He held my frozen body in his warm arms. We were so close that I could hear the shaking in his breaths.

"Lucy," He said, breaking the silence, "Where are you going after high school?"
"Well..." I began, "I'm probably going back to South Magnolia. I'll help Loke get his life together, maybe help him get a funding for his education."

"That's the thing, Lucy!" Natsu boomed, "I've already got an apartment in this area in advance, but..." His hand slowly slid down my arm to interlock with my fingers, "You're not gonna be here with me, aren't you.."

I held his hand tighter as the realization entered my mind. A brand new relationship is soon to be taken down by distance. "Natsu... I-"

"No..." He pulled away from me and sat on the edge of the bed, "I'm being selfish. Kayla's gone and Loke's alone. He needs and education, Lucy."

I started to become bombarded with bewilderment and distress. My heart is getting torn apart by two strong forces. I looked at him with my eyes growing heavy with tears, "Natsu... Stop."

He ignored me, "Lucy, don't listen to me. Your brother needs you and I'm just being greedy."

"Stop, Natsu.." I said softly. My feeling of heart ache is becoming stronger.

Regardless, he continued, "I'm really stupid for mentioning that. I'm sorry Luce." He turned around and flashed me a struggled smile.

"NO!" I shouted. The tugging at my heart has gotten to the point where it has just torn in half. I pushed Natsu off the bed and shoved him to the wall. He faced me, showing me his shocked expression. "STOP IT! PLEASE!" I wailed, unstable. I crunched my hands into fists and began pounding his chest.

His tears started dripping onto my aching fists, "Lucy, I'm sorry.." He sunk his fingers under my hair, calming me down with his warmth.

I sunk my face into his shirt and sobbed uncontrollably, "Natsu..." I quavered, my voice being muffled by the fabric, "I want to be happy... This entire time, I've been hiding my anxiety and depression that I obtained when I lost Kayla."

Natsu's breaths began to get heavier and nearly to the point of hyperventilating, "Lucy, I-"

"I thought being with you could mask my feelings, or even manage to dilute them... But then-"

"LUCY!" He yelled. His hands moved from my hair to my arms. He moved my body even closer to his and, with a movement so quick, locked lips with me.

"Lucy," he repeated after detaching lips, "I'm going to make you happy. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm adding more shit to your anxiety. I'm sorry for trying to get you on my side when your brother needs you the most-"

"That's the thing!!" I cried. My breathing began to get quicker, so I knew I had to calm myself down, "Natsu..." I said softly, "You make me happy. If I leave you in the state I am now, then I'll have a breakdown. I need you after I graduate... But Loke needs me. Either way I go, it's a win-lose situation."

"Look, we came all this way to find each other again. We're going to figure it out." Natsu kissed my forehead then rested his chin on the top of my head, "If my mom hadn't paid for the apartment already, with no doubt,  follow you.... But my mom's pretty abusive. It would be a waste of money and time for her."

"I.... I gotta go, Natsu." I mumbled as I pulled away from him and covered my face.

"Lucy... Please don't leave." He begged as he held my hands gently.

"I'll be back tomorrow, okay?" I told him, "We'll be more stable to talk about something like this, right?"

He nodded his head in response, "Yeah..." He gave me a grin, "I love you."

I smiled with him and kissed him cheek, "I love you too."

I hesitantly let go of his hands and looked back at his smile before I closed the door behind me. I sighed as reached the stairs. Me and Natsu are only three days into our relationship and we're already having troubles. How can you fuck up something so badly?

"Hey Lucy!" Lisanna's voice called from the further down the stairs.

"Oh, hey Lisanna!" I greeted her, trying to give her a smile.

She smiled back, "I thought I'd see you here. Visiting Natsu?"

"Uh, yeah." I replied, "What about you?"

Her cheeks became light pink as she answered, "Visiting Bickslow."

"The guy you were talking about?" I assumed.

She nodded her head, "Eh.. We're not dating but.. I just want to know him a bit more before going in, you know?"

"Good idea." I stated.

"Anyways, catch you tomorrow, alright?" She waved me a goodbye before heading up the stairs.

Getting to know someone before dating them, huh? That's something I should've done with Natsu. I didn't know his mom was abusive. All I know about him is that he's a rebel towards classes, doesn't like the rain, hangs out around a lake... And loves me? Jesus Christ, I could only name four vague things about my boyfriend. Does he have any siblings? Who's his best friend? Shit!

I pounded the wall with my tear-covered fists. My heart was now being ripped into shreds.

I'm a fucking idiot.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
It's been well over a year since I've written a chapter. I'm so sorry. If you care, the explanation is written in "HammyKow Has No Life"

So, I had to change the description of the story. Previously, it went along the lines of, "Lucy's birthday is coming up so Natsu tries to plan it. However, he meets someone there..."

Yeah. I have no fucking idea where I was going with that. Nothing I currently had on the page would have contributed to that at all. So, yeah it's changed.

That's all I had to say¿? ~HammyKow