With my hair up in a ‘get-the-heck-out-of-my-face’ bun I was alone in my cozy basement trying to tidy it up a bit and put blankets and pillows on the floor. After popping not 4, but 5 bags of popcorn since I snacked on a bag because I was so bored. I heard the doorbell ring and jumped up, dropping pieces of popcorn that were sitting on my lap straight onto the freshly cleaned floor. I scowled to myself.

“Fudging Pickles.”  I mumbled under my breath along with other random words I use for curse words as I made my way upstairs.

“Stupid popcorn, flap jacking door bell, just cleaned the fluppin floor. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.” I let out my anger and clenched my fist as I made my way to the door only to bump abruptly into something hard. What's with me bumping into people lately?

“What the FOB!” I said as I jerked back. I felt a pain in my shoulder and pouted. Ow that hurt.

“I know you are!” said the deep voice of the person that shoved into me. Zaiyaan. Ergh! I could punch this guy out but you know I’m not gonna ‘cause I'm a good Muslim with a lot of self control. Well, when it comes to these types of things. Sorta.  I was already slightly angry over the crummy popcorn situation. And now he rudely rams into me. He should NOT be messing with me right now. Just seeing his face puts a frown on my face when I recap all the teasing and insults and arguments we get into.

Actually you know what. That’s going to change. At least slightly. I mean it wouldn’t be fun if we stopped arguing but it should be cut down a bit.

These past few days have been all about letting go of grudges and forgetting the past. That’s exactly what I’m going to do. I’m going to be a peacemaker…

 Okay! Okay!  So maybe it has a little to do with me wanting to mess with him and freak him out. I tried to hide my smug smile. Can’t wait to see his reaction!

“Oh my, you say the silliest things. Sorry about running into you, young man. Pardon me…” I patted his hard red Nike t-shirt covered shoulder , gave him a sugar coated smile, and walked around him to swing open the door. I swear I heard the loud thud of his jaw hit the floor. I stifled my giggle as best as I could but almost choked on my spit as I failed. Of course that only made the atmosphere more comical.

“Do I really look that funny?” Fiza said outraged and offended as I opened the door. She was wearing gray sweat pants and a black cardigan with a red shirt inside.

“I told you so! I told you so!” Sabrena rubbed in her face.

“No I was just laughing at ...something.”

“I AM NOT A THING!” Zaiyaan yelled from behind me snapping out of his confused trance. I grinned. Muhuhaha!

“Could’ve fooled me. “ Sabrena said stepping inside giving me a view of her purple jeans and Beatles T-shirt. I shook my head, only Sabrena could pull this look off. I giggled at her comment and gave her a fist pump. Ah I love backup.

Mavish caught me off guard with her outfit. She was wearing a completely sequined pink top with black skinny jeans and black sandal wedges.

I raised an eyebrow. Jeez. It was just a plain old movie night.  I think we all know that means show up comfortable and dressed like a lazy bum. No need to be so fancy.

“Hey Mavish. Welcome back. That tops cool and all but Isn’t it ...you know...a bit ...umm uncomfortable?” I asked. It was kind of weird seeing her come inside my house after 18 months. That uncertainty in my chest was back. I shook out my head, trying to shake the thoughts away. I really need to stop being so stubborn and let things go.

“Hah oh you know. I thought I’d dress up a bit since it’s a special Friday.” She convinced me. Her voice was a tiny bit anxious as she said that. A bit uncertain. I guess she's still a little worried about if we all really did accept her back or not. The doubt in my gut was as present as a rubber ducky in lake full of geese, but I tried not to let it show.  She handed me “The Notebook” .Oh gosh if we vote on this I’ll be letting some tears fall. What can I say? Old people love is the cutest!