Chapter 8

Note from Tara:

Hello my pretties <3 (Assalamualikum to all ya'lll muslims out there)

Just some clarification: Laila hasn't seen the Khans in 2 years.

She hasn't been friends with Mavish for 1 1/2 year.

Therefore the last time the Khans were here when they lived back at their house, they saw Mavish at thanksgiving and other stuff since her and Fiza and Sabrena and Laila were al best freinds and hung out a lot and the Khans saw them on birthday parties and other functions.  Just a few months after the Khans moved, the whole "day" happened.

 I dedicate this to themysterygurl786 cause i've been PM'ing her for like ever and became quick freinds! She's totally amazing! Do check out her amazing stories! I hope you like this story Taz :P

anyways, enjoy and pweeeeze comment and vote if you liked it :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap

"It’s about Mavish." she said quietly.

"What did she do? I SWEAR I'll KILL HER THIS TIME. I KNEW WE SHOULD'VE NEVER TRUSTED HER. I TOLD Y-" she cut me off

"No no! That's not it. Actually it's exactly the opposite.” My mouth turned into an 'o'

"Come again?" I said taken aback.

"She...she really has changed. I mean...I think we really can trust her now." she said completely serious.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked curious.

"I didn't even think so, like you, till Fiza told me about it. And she was talking to Marie. They both started to talk about sensitive stuff and the next thing you know Marie starts telling her complete honest things trusting her completely. She really trusted her. She would never tell us all of this unless she really trusted us.  Plus. We let her in on a couple of stuff. She didn't say a peep."

"What are you trying to say?" I wanted her to get straight to the point. She took a deep sigh.

"What I'm trying to say is... just let it go Laila."

"What!? How could you thinking could just "let it go" so easily! It was me that had to witness the scene that tore our friendship apart. Not to mention our best friend Fiza! Remember her?" I started to get angry.

"Laila. calm down. Of course I remember her. She's the one who put me to this. She's the one that started it all. She thinks we should forgive her. Just give her a second chance. She used to be your friend at one time you know? Plus. This is her last year of high school, our junior year. We’ve already wasted half our freshman year and all of our sophomore. Let's not waste this shall we?" she waited a few seconds.

I breathed out loudly. "Fine. I'll try my best. To...to let it go. Give her a second chance.  For Fiza’s sake." I Finally Admitted. But even I wasn't 100% sure of my words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8 

Finally Friday arrived. The day whether I could try to put everything Aside for real.

 The sun was setting and the chicks should be making their way anytime soon. I had "Mean Girls" picked out and ready to go for voting plus a pack of movie theater butter popcorn just waiting to explode.

 I was just lounging in my long Navy Blue elbow length tee that read "Be the peanut butter to my jelly" and black yoga pants, which could also make shift into pjs if the others vote on some stupid movie and I fall asleep while their all gushing tears out of their eyes.  I was vacuuming the carpet while singing and swaying to the radio blasting out of my iPod. I always have to do all the chores since my brother Adil's all the way in a different state in his third year of college. Though now Hamza and Zaiyaan offer my mom to take out the trash and Samina helps us and all that it still doesn’t fill the hole of my brother. I mean he’s annoying but I love him! At first I thought him moving away would be like heaven for me and Fiza, Sabrena, and Mavish (at the time) could come over all the time without having to deal with his teasing and comments.  It's like I've been an only child for the past few years. I tried not to let sad thoughts get to me and belted out to "Chammak Challo".  Music always makes cleaning better.  (and  maybe a little SRK) It makes the atmosphere not so silent and creepy anymore. It was weird how the house was a bit quiet. When there were 4 loud quarreling kids living here. Usually it's louder whenever Fiza, Sabrena or any other of their friends are over. Something’s probably up.  I think Hamza and Zaiyaan were either at late classes at college or just hanging out with friends. I bet 10 bucks Hamza was out at that candy shop he saw on the way back from Uni once. Who knows? The adults were out visiting someone that I barely know like they normally do. And Samina was probably studying for her midterm exams. She was always the responsible one.