20:

"Hey is everything alright?" Skate ask worried getting up as I hang up. I look down before looking back to face Skate, putting on smile hiding the fact that I got an amazing deal and I don't want to break this promise. "Uh, yeah. Just my job calling asking if I downloaded my file." I lie trying my very hardest not the stutter or look him dead in the eyes. Before Skate respond to me the bus stop and everyone in the front footsteps begin leading off. I shove my phone in my back pocket and walk off, I search for Brook as I step off. I see she is searching for me also, "Brook." I say walking over catching her attention and she turns around, "I just lied to Skate." I say looking around us to make sure nobody is listening.

"About?"

"I got this amazing deal from my job about owning the company and I will have to leave Skate on tour by himself. In which I promised him I'll stay to the end, I don't wanna break that promise." I explaining in breath. I breathe in heavily as Brook laughs, "Brooklyn, Skate would never make you pass up an opportunity like this. Just tell him." I stop breathing heavily and realize that I'm actually overacting this. "Now let's before some fangirl thinks they can just take our boyfriends by just flipping hair." Brook jokes making me laugh as we walk inside the building.

As I sit on the huge speaker in the corner with Brook while texting other friends from high school, I hear a loud shriek come Skate direction. "SKATE!?" I yell with worried all over my face, I hop off the speaker and head to Skate, who jumping around like he won a billion dollars or something. He notice I'm standing there and rushes over as a small smile appear on my face. His energy is easily catching. "I get to perform on national tv!" My smile widen more, "Really!?"

"Yes and I want you there!" he yells with excitement and engulfs me into a hug as I laugh nervously. 

The rest of the night was wild, in a good way. It was wild mainly for me, but it all ended when Skate's ex appear on the bus. I don't bother to sit in the front of the bus, for my own reasons. I trust Skate, so I'm not even worried about him and her. I have enough to worry about, how I'm suppose to attend Skate's performance and go back home to take this deal. I sit at the back, to look up more information about this deal, as I do. The door opens, I look up to a angry Brook, her eyes doesn't  even have that soft touch anymore.  "Skate's ex is about to catch 'em Brooklyn!" she yells and flop down next to me closing her eyes as I sit my laptop down. "What happened?"

"So she just bragging about how talented she is and how she have this million dollar house. Then she had the nerves to move by Sammy, she was lucky I made a promise to God that I my glass bottle jetting days were over." She explains, "Oh she mention your name, you know and I know, I changed so much because if I was my old self, she would be detached."

I get up and walk out the door quietly, not saying a word trying to pick up her voice. I hear beats with voices freestyling to it in one ear while loud talking, like always, in the other. I lean on the opening crossing my arms and having one leg cross the other. "Why are you with her anyways Skate?" she ask as Skate ignores her.

"Anyways, why are you mentioning my name?" I ask and all eyes look my way.

How do you guys feel about a Jack Johnson book? Good obliviously, its Jack Johnson! 😇❤

 Love Of a Maloley जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें