Chapter 1

A/N: Welcome to Together we may Slay, the Jovencorn collab between myself and MichealTheNoblest ! Mike came up to me with the pairing + overall idea, plot points, etc. and we finally decided to cobble up this first chapter for you guys. Written in "RP" style. Hope you enjoy.

_______________________________________

David looked over at Joshua, smiling ever so slightly at his monster-fighting partner.

'How was he always so calm?'

Joshua noticed David staring. "David, you okay?" he asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Fine as a Siren," David said jokingly.

Joshua glared him. "You piece of Horse Crap," he muttered under his breathe. "Why am I even helping you?"

David shrugged. "You wanted to," he murmured.

Joshua rolled his eyes. "Put a stake in it," he growls hastily.

"Make me, Ovenshire!" David screeches.

Joshua raised his hands in defence. "Just attempting to pull an Ogre on you," he explained.

David nodded and held his best sword- which was covered in Harpy blood, the blade in his palms.

"Caution, you Goblin!" Joshua warned sternly.

"My sword," David retorted.

Joshua rolled his eyes once again. "I have the daggers, though," he said with a cruel smile.

"Find a Siren," David grumbled.

Joshua paled. "Not in a million centuries," he said coldly.

He stomped away past David. His feet made 'boom, boom, boom' sounds that echoed in the dense forest and stirred the leaves on the ground.

David fell into step behind him, laughing. "Why not? Is Joshi too scared?" he sneered.

Joven pulled out his daggers, both of which had identical, gold-and-black ornate carvings on their hilts, blades freshly sharpened to a fine point. He whipped around and pointed them at David threateningly.

"I'm not scared," Joven stated firmly, steady but determined gaze on David. "I'm just smart."

David snorted.

"They can kill me. Or lure me to my death." Joven snarled.

"Yeah, let's just let it win!" David cried sarcastically. Then he growled darkly, "That's cowardly of you, Josh."

Joven gnarled his teeth more, eyeing David up and down. "And what are you doing, David?" His retort wasn't nearly as biting, though, so it didn't irk David in the slightest.

"Utilising resources to help find this Siren," David hit back without missing a beat. "If only said resources weren't completely useless." He eyes Joven up and down in derision.

He strode past Joven confidently. Joven glared at his back, then ran after him. That Goblin, he thought to himself.

"I challenge you to slay the Siren!" Joven cried once he reached him. "In the most elaborate, fantastic manner possible!"

David grinned at him and cackled. "That's the spirit!" He wrapped his arm around Joven's head and gave it a good, hard noogie. He'd long since trained to give Joven noogies even with a sword in his hand, so his sword didn't impale Joven during the noogie. "And if all else fails, I'll sacrifice you to the Siren!"

Joven yelped. David noogied hard. "Why? Why?" Joven yelped, head still locked between David's arm.

David abruptly let him go. Joven wrenched himself up, head spinning. He rubbed at his head to sooth it.

"They lure sailors to their deaths," David told him, as they continue striding forward. "You're so unattractive that not even a Siren would want you." And, knowing that he had won, David strode away, hips swinging.

Joven's mouth dropped open in indignation. "Son of an Ogre!" he cried, running after David.

He really did have to run after him. Even when striding, David moved fast.

Of course, Joven's progress was hindered by the thick bushes and his terrible vision. The forest was dark and the bushes thorny, so he was forced to trudge through it all at a much slower pace than his better-visioned and more enthusiastic friend. But finally, Joven emerged next to David.

He was in a clearing which, to Joven's surprise, led directly to an ocean. There was an entire ocean in front of them, which Joven was secretly freaked out about. He'd never really liked the ocean.

David, meanwhile, had no such problems. He was in a battle stance, harpy sword raised and ready to kill.

"You ready Joven?" David crowed, without even looking at him.

Joven, panting from the trekking and momentary panic, nodded and positioned himself next to David with his twin daggers. He looked out into the clearing and forced himself to focus.

"Ready," he breathed out.

David did a bit of a whistle that he knew would summon sirens. And it did summon sirens.

It just summoned these other weird creatures too.

The ground rumbled under Joven and David's feet, making them both move back slightly with a gasp. There was more shaking, then three identical creatures burst out.

Joven heard the hissing first, an uneven but vicious tempo of "Hiss, hiss, hiss", a chant because there were so many of them: scaled bodies on these creatures' heads. What could have such a spaghetti-like shape? Joven wondered.

Then with a nasty shock, multiple heads from the scaled bodies started moving back and forth as they continued to hiss: snakes, so many snakes, on these creatures' heads. The creatures' themselves didn't seemed fazed about this at all.

"Gorgons," David muttered darkly. "Also an abomination."

If the Gorgons had heard, they didn't care. Not a single muscle moved on their still, steely faces; stained with dark red lipstick and shadow around their green eyes.

And, of course, the Sirens were behind them. Beautiful, naked females with milky skin and fish tails. Mermaids, in fact, except these ones wielded huge, glorious harps. Just the sight of these harps made Joven's mouth water already. Oh how that beautiful music could...

The sirens and gorgons started swaying back and forth suddenly, singing, singing, singing, to the accompaniment of the Siren's harps.

David shook his head, trying to clear it so he could focus. And after a while, he finally got it, but just as he raised his harpy sword, the Sirens sang a particularly melodious chord sequence, lulling David into their song once again.

But he and Joven weren't being lured to their deaths. Instead, Joven and David were being drawn together. Slowly...slowly...like cupid had tied a long rope around both their waists and was slowly pulling them together.

And the last thing that either of them knew was that they sinking to the ground together, drifting off to the sounds of the sweet, sweet lullaby that the various creatures were playing.

_______________________________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Any and all feedback would be appreciated for both MichealTheNoblest and myself. Unfortunately we do not know when chapter 2 will be released, but hopefully it will be soon.