Chapter 12 - caught.

On the way back home i message Jack 'guess who.' I get a reply back 'you arse hole why have you put me through all of this i have been so worried about you everyone has tried to find you. ' i write 'am sorry but i left a letter for you, am on my way back home i should be home by 6 pm please be there.' He answers 'OK i will but i need to warn you the police maybe waiting for you someone seen what had happened at the river and they came forward the police need to talk to you.' i reply 'OK i feel i'm not sure what to do all i want to see you and hold you.' We both say bye and am nearly home i see the police lurking around, but i manage to get passed them and get home to see Jack, before there was a knock on the door it was the police they followed me home. I only had a few moments with Jack and they carted me away, he grabbed my shoulder and i cry in pain as it was still healing. In the car the never said i word they notified my parents who were at the station when we got there and Jack soon followed. 

Police station....

They took me in a room took all my things off me and bagged them up, put me in another room for me to wait for the officer to come and talk to me. In a way i was happy as it was the officer who dealt with the case with my sister and he was a nice man. He asking my questions and telling me to make a statement. Then we can look at yours and the person who come forwards statement and see if they work out. He leaves and gets me a drink and he sits there as i fill i  the form and start this.

Statement.....

I start by telling him about me texting him asking him to meet me at the river near the bridge at 1 pm and i still have the messages. All i wanted was to find out why he was keep bothering us and if he was going to stop and leave us alone then he started saying weird things that telling me i'm his best and that he holds me really close to his heart that he needs me in for ways i can imagine and he loved me, but i will never understand if he tole me. and saying jack was in the way of things and that i am his he owns me and the only way out is death for me. Then the next thing i knew he stood up me thinking he was going to leave, but he pulled a knife from his pocket and tried to stab me in the chest but i grabbed his arm and move it, then he went for a second time and stabbed my shoulder henich to my wound, as he went for the third attempt i got the knife from his hand and stabbed him in the stomach he fell to the floor pulling the knife out himself and thats when he told me. He told me his name was richard and he was my brother, before i could do anything he was dead and i passed out with the loss of blood then the next thing i know i'm being took somewhere and they healed me and got me back home i never seen their faces as they wore masks, then i needed to get my head sorted so i went to london for a few months then came back to this.

He took it away and checked it with the other man's statement and its was more or less along the same lines so he knows i was not lying. He comes back in and tells me i'm under arrest for the homicide for Richard holloway you don't not have to say anything but if you do it can be used in a court of law. And that there will be a small jury tomorrow but with the confession it won't go any further and they will sentence you. They lock me in a small confined room with a little window up high, a small fold out bed and a toilet. I sat and cried all i wanted was Jack and my family but i won't see them for a long time unless they visit me.

Tomorrow came and one of the officers brought breakfast and a suite for me to where he said 'be ready by 10 am.' I looked at the food thinking i can't eat but some how i find myself throwing it down my throat. I get dressed just as they come to collect me they handcuff me and they take me to the van and we set off to the jury court.

When we arrive i get took in the back way and held in a small room, to await the judge to see me. He came and heard my side of the story and he left to get in the court room. My name is called Jacobi Graham i get took through a door to the court room and put on the stand. In the stalls i see Jack,mum,dad,harley and laycee. Mum was crying as dad held her and harley and laycee and dad had a brave face, but Jack he looked so pale like had not slept at all a tear falling down his cheek. I look at them i feel disgusted with myself and now i need to pay even if it was self defence. His family are seated on the other side crying and looking very upset as they hated me so much for what i have done, i seen dad look at richard's mother then i realized he had a child with this women, but was he with mother or was it before i needed to find out.

They asked me to swear on the bible to tell the whole truth, nothing but the truth. Then started asking questions and me answer honestly to them all showing pictures of his body and showing the evidence, it went on for a good hour or so then they asked for a break so they could decided what my happening to me and for my sentancing. I was took out the back again and was given a drink of tea, i don't know what my family and Jack where doing but i know it was hurting them all.

After half an hour we are asked to go back in and am back in the stand and everyone else was in seated and then the judge and jury came in he talks a little and then he come out with it.

Judge....

We have looked at all the evidence and took everything in hand and we have come to the decision that it was homicide for self defence and that the minimum he will serve is 10 years. 

Back to Jacobi....

My mum screams and cries 'NO NO NO MY BOY.' Dad holds her and Jack is in floods of tears, then i find myself shouting 'sorry mum i love you, sorry to all my family and my fiancé Jack i love you so much please wait for me.' Then next thing i know am dragged out of court and get changed into the prison uniform and walked to the van and took to prison.