35. Welcome home.

Start from the beginning

"Tiffany is it alright with you?"
Duncan asked her.
I had been meaning to ask her the same thing but I was interrupted.

"It's already done..." She sighed.
"I guess it's okay." 
Once again I was relieved. I was really looking forward to it.

By the end one by one left parted ways. It was decided that already  small gathering would be held soon once she would have recovered.

We both were alone in the room again.
She slipped down to rest still clutching at the roses I gave to her.

"I'll put them in something."
I took the bouquet from her.
"Wait I'll be back."

"No wait you can use this."
She bent to the side and held a bottle. She uncapped it
"Mia bought some juice in the bottle. You could use this right? It could fit in."

"Yeah sure."

Taking the bottle from her I washed and put good amount of water. I carefully place all of the roses together removing the extra stems and leaves and placed in the bottle. Positioning them carefully.

"You can place them right here."
She patted on her side.
I followed her and placed it right beside her on the table.
She turned over facing them.

"They are beautiful."

"I personally picked them."
I said proudly.

She gave me a full smile  and touched them as I stared back at her.
__________________________

"I am sorry you don't have any clothes I should have arranged some. Your other clothes were practically shredded. But I have your shoes and other belongings what we could get."

"It's okay  Mrs Camberwell  provided gave me a set of clothes and some other essentials."

"The senior nurse?"

"Yes.

I was disappointed that I couldn't do such a small thing. But I had also hesitated not sure if she would like it. I heard  the click of the door from behind and she emerged out. She wore a simple thin cotton white dress which had thick sleeveless sleeves. It ended above her knees and accentuated her long less. She didn't wear any bra, I couldn't help notice that.

"Right. Shall we go?"

"Yes."

I removed my jacket and walk towards her. I draped my jacket over her and she looked up to me.

"You'll feel cold."

"Hmm."

The car drove smoothly through the city roads. I was in the back seat with her, observing her as she gazed out the window. Her eyes switched at each and every little thing on the road. The busy street shops to big corporate buildings. We finally entered the the less crowded posh area.
I could see  that she recognised the area trying to absorb in everything. Stopping we made our way towards the lift. The concierge greeted us and congratulated Tiffany on her recovery.I hustled her inside the lift.
We finally entered the penthouse. "Come here."

I beckoned her and she followed. We walked through the corridors and led her to her room.

"I prepared your old room, cleaned it completely."
I opened the room and we entered the tidy room.
I slid their intersecting glass doors to open to balcony. It was a  dull evening in the busy city the traffic could be heard mildly.

"Where's Margaret?"
She asked.

I pushed the curtain aside.
"I gave her a few days off."