20. The week after.

He and I were in the same bed again. It was like deja-vu. I opened my eyes to see his beautiful face.

But the space beside me was absolutely empty. I got up immediately the covers  bunching at my waist. I scanned the whole room to get a sight of him but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Zylen."

I wrapped the cover around me and got out of my bed. As soon as I stood up I fell back into the bed. I was too sore. The last night's events played in my head
making me blush at the very memories that it still tingled my body.
Smiling I forced myself to get up to look around for him.
Passing  by the mirror I stopped.
Their were marks  which were on my neck running down to my chest. As I touched them our night flashed once  again before me.

I swung open the bathroom doors and it was neat and cold.
On the sink I saw an open after- shave lotion. I picked it up and inhaled it.

It was his.

I kept the bottle back to its place.
Dumping the sheet aside I  walked towards the bathtub and ran hot water into it. As the tub filled I closed off the tap and got into it.The water almost burned my skin but I still got in.

I splashed the hot water on my face.
What was I thinking? One night and we will be together.
I burnt in shame.He had left obviously. I deserved it. I knew about the consequences but god it hurt! It hurt like anything. I wanted to drown in this very bathtub. Like a fool I gave in to him.Now that night was painful to me. I dipped inside the tub letting my tears mingle with the water wishing to drown.
-------------------------------'
The week before the wedding day was crazy.
I worked hard paying attention to each and every thing.
Travelling back and forth between the city and the villa.

I checked the things in the diary which Serena had given me and most of them were done.
I marked an another star near an item.

"Tiffy you know rehearsals at 2." Serena popped out of nowhere which made me drop my pencil.

"I know." I exhaled and bend down to pick up the pencil.

"Sorry." She scrunched her face.
With each day her excitement increased to higher levels. I couldn't blame her any girl would be if she were to marry in three days.

"I can't believe I am getting married in three days! Three days!!. Can you believe it?!"
And she wrapped me in a hug.

"I do believe now." I manage to say as she choked me.

"Sorry again. Ah anyway continue I am gonna find Dave. Hey did you see Dave?"

Serena's popped out eyes could make me crawl into a hole. Things could be worse at the wedding and I was warned.

"I am pretty sure he is hiding somewhere."

"Why what happened? Is he having wedding jitters?" She became worried

"No but he will when he sees  you." I imitated her expression.

"Ha funny." She said and ran away from the hall to look for Dave.

Everybody assembled in the backyard. I discussed with the pianist about the timing and type  of the songs according to the entrances.

"How'd you know I was hiding?"

"What?!" I turned to see Dave behind me looking at me with curiosity.

"Oh my god you were?" I was surprised a little bit.

"No I wasn't." He smiled back again.
"Although I wish I could. Do you wanna elope with me?"

"Sure."