13.The Other side.

I yawned and sighed digging myself deep into the soft pillow and stretched.
Wait a minute.

My eyes snapped opened and I observed my surroundings.
I was on the bed on which he slept not on the couch and it took me a while to realize that. I turned slowly praying that I wouldnt be greeted with his sleeping form but the space next to me was empty,little warm.The pillows were dipped a bit.

He woke up early today. But what the hell I am doing over here?

I sat on the edge of the bed rubbing my head. The headache was still there but mild.

After freshining up I opened the bed room's door open to go out instead I was greeted by Serena staring up at me with her big hazel eyes and her hands folded.

"What...?"

"You and I have to go for the cake tasting.You know today? I told you."

"Oh yeah ..yes you did." I scratched my head.

"Okay good,Let's go then!" She clapped.

We came down discussing about the cake.She mostly recited and I just nodded to whatever she said.

"And don't go for chocolate." She warned me.

"Yes I know it's your wedding cake. Your choice."

For a moment I was distracted and saw him.
There he was patiently listening to Randy's stories and smiling. He was not in his usual black suit but in normal grey shirt and faded jeans. It made him look a lot younger than his usual business look.He didn't look bad in a suit but this attire made him look care free.

I turned to Serena when she cussed softly. Seeing her frowning at her phone I questioned

"What happened?"

"I have an appointment.I totally forgot about ." She slapped her head.

"It's okay Randy and I can go."

"Yeah. Oh and let Zylen accompany you too.He could help."

"No I don't think so.He might be busy today.....I can manage." I quickly answered.

We both looked at the pair who had suddenly started laughing. His eyes shut slightly crinkly and brows furrowed not depicting seriousness but humor. Randy stared at him with confusion nudging him to say what was so funny.

"You were saying?"
Serena raised an eyebrow towards me challenging me to say. I had second thoughts on answering he back. Lately she was behaving in a hyper manner.The wedding was the reason probably. The media had hyped it too much already. They were looking forward too it and also hoping for a mishap to write for.

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing. Fine. He will come with us." I sighed.

Walking towards them I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Anybody up for cake tasting? "

"What's that?" asked Randy.

"Well we are going to have loads of cake today . Different types of them."

"Okay!" Randy "Can Zylen come with us?"

"Yeah he can." I looked at Zylen and he nodded back.

"1885? That's a weird name for a cake shop."
In the outskirts of the city we were standing in front of a vintage looking cake shop made up of old bricks.In front of the shop white lacey tables and chairs were arranged with open umbrellas which was the mini cafe.It was fenced around and there was a little iron gate as the entrance.