CHAPTER 2

It was a 3 hour drive to the college.I hopped out off the taxi ,stretched my numb limbs and turned to my luggage. A big suitcase and my over the shoulder bag. I sigh and began dragging my suitcase inside my dorms and the bag on my shoulder. I entered the dorms and saw a friendly looking middle aged women behind a desk.

 "Good Morning Young Lady! How may I help you today?" she asked excitedly.

 "Um I am Emily, Can you help me find me my Dorm?" I asked politely. Don't blame me I ain't good at conversations.

 "Oh! You must be the scholarship kid" I nodded awkwardly. "Yeah. follow me I'll show you your room." She picked a set of keys and began walking upstairs. I awkwardly followed her upstsirs, dragging my luggage.

I stared at the room. A big four poster bed, a study desk, a dressing table and a door, probably the toilet. I turned to Mrs.Woods, the friendly woman, to find her looking at me hopefully. I tried to smile at her cheerfully. 

"I love the room" I declared. 

She smiled widely. "Now you should rest. You look exhausted." She said and closed the door behind her. I sigh. I plopped myself on the bed. It was quite cozy. I never had a room for myself before. I had to share it with several kids. New place new changes.

I set the alarm for early morning and fell into a deep slumber.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I woke up with a jolt to the sound of the alarm clock. I fixed my glasses and headed to the bathroom to get ready.I put on the best sundress I had, a blue, floral knee lenght sundress and fixed my brown hair in a ponytail. I glanced at myself one last time before heading off to college.

My palms were sweaty. The sweat droplets on my forehead were slowly making their way to my face, making my skin itch. My heartbeat was erratic.One look at the crowd of teenagers before me,left me hyperventilating.

And I was still at the gates.

You have to do this. Scolded a voice from inside me. Crossing my fingers I slowly stepped ahead. Just act invisible.Everything will be fine. I kept chanting in my head and made my way to the office, through the mob of strangers.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Here is the second Chapter. It us kinda boring. But trust me it's going to be lot intresting in the coming chapters.Please let me know your views on my work. Feedbacks are open heartedly welcome.
Till then have a good day😙😙