Chapter treinta y cinco

Start from the beginning

They dimmed the lights and put some slime over the lockers and the ground. They also placed some toilet paper and broken plastic over everything. I really like it. My mouth almost drops when we walk into the gym, where the party is mainly held. Bradley whistles in a satisfied tone, telling me I'm not the only one who's surprised.

"Damn, no wonder the gym was closed the whole day. That's almost worth having to practice outside in that weather." Bradley says, making me nod. PE today was terrible.

"Oh my god, Em!" I hear Stella's chirpy voice behind me and turn around. I didn't know she was already here. When she approaches me I take in her attire. She's wearing a black dress and a hat. I think she's supposed to be a witch. Like half of the girls here, but she looks really good. Her make up is done amazingly, making me wonder who did it. Her dress is hugging her figure, making her look like some sort of sexy witch.

"Damn, girl. You look fine as hell. Where did you get that dress?" She asks me and I laugh at her appreciative look.
"Some store. But Stella, I love your make up. Who did it?" I ask her.

"My sister. I didn't know she could paint like that. Who did yours?" She asks.
"I did." I say, earning a gasp.

"You can draw like that?" She asks perplexed. Why is this so surprising?
"Right? I didn't know that either." Bradley says, making her eyes snap to him. It's like she only now realized that he was there.

"Oh hey Bradley. What are you supposed to be? I like the suit, though." She says, making him chuckle.
"I don't know. Some sort of dead guy in a suit, I guess." He says, making us giggle. I look around the room to spot the other girls, but my eyes land on Noah.

He's standing at the buffet with his hands full of food. What is he doing here. He looks around as if waiting for someone. I quickly excuse myself and walk toward Noah. He smiles when he sees me and hugs me.

"Hey Emma. Haven't seen you in a while." He says and I nod. I missed him. I miss the twins too.
"Hi. Don't get me wrong, but are you even allowed here?" I ask him, making him chuckle.

"Why wouldn't I be allowed? I'm Zada's date." He says, making me raise my eyebrows. He just kind of told me that they have a thing.
"Hey, I don't care if you know it or not. Zada was the one who didn't want to tell you." He says, making me frown. Why wouldn't she want to tell me?

"But why-" I begin before being interrupted by Hades, who suddenly appears next to me in order to talk to Noah. I don't think he noticed me standing there. Or at least he doesn't know it's me.

"Hey, where are the twins? One of them took my phone to call someone and now they're gone." He asks Noah, making him blink at him. It's surprising that he even stands next to me, yes. But he doesn't have to make it that obvious.

"What?" Hades grows confused. Noah's eyes wander towards me and finally Hades glances at me, from the corner of his eyes. He stiffens and takes a step away, causing my heart to drop.

"I'll find them." He says and leaves us alone. I sigh and watch him walk away.

"He'll realize what he's doing. Just don't give up on him." I hear Noah whisper and silence follows.
"The twins are here? I wanna say hi. Send them to me as soon as you see them, please." I say, making him nod. I quickly walk back to where I left Bradley and Stella.

"Hi there." I say when I see only Stella standing there, with a cup in her hand. We make conversation and I'm distracted. Too distracted to realize Bradley has wandered off somewhere and I have no idea where. Brooklyn and Zada join our conversation.

"Is this the buffet?" I hear a familiar voice say, after someone tapped my shoulder. My eyes widen when I turn around. No way! Jack! I jump into his arms, hearing him chuckle, followed by Bradley's chuckle.