Chapter treinta y dos

Hades' PoV:

I walk further into the long hallway. Why is it so dark in here? The two walls on either side of me are pitch black, almost looking as if there was nothing there. I keep my pace slow when I continue my way towards the only door I found. It must get me out of this weird building. I grip the door handle tight and move it, so that the door creaks open.

I quickly open my eyes, before I get a chance to look at what was behind the door. It takes me a while before I realize that my surroundings changed and I just had a bad dream. I squint my eyes at the sudden presence of light. Where am I?

I look around slowly, feeling my head hurt already. Fuck, I must have lost it yesterday. I don't remember anything. After rubbing my eyes and looking at the familiar walls of Ana's guestroom I let out a breath of relieve. But soon I start to panic.

What am I doing here? How the heck did I get here? Where is Emma? I decide to turn over and lay with my stomach on the white and fluffy mattress. My head hurts and my throat feels dry. I try really hard to remember what lead me to sleep in here last night, but I can't. What time is it?

I groan when I try to pull myself up. After a few seconds, I eventually manage to sit up on the edge of the bed. I'm still in my clothes, so I doubt I did something that I'd definitely regret the next morning. I slowly stand up, my head already killing me, but I have to.

"Emma?" I manage to croak out, intending it to be a whisper though. I walk down the hallway towards her closed room door, knowing she'll be in there. Just when I was about to knock her door opens, revealing a not so happy looking Emma. I gulp, hurting my throat.

Our eyes lock, but no one says a word. I'm too hungover and she seems upset. I try my best to remember why she's upset, but I come up with nothing. Did I do something to her? I let my eyes roam down her small body. She seems fine to me.

"Care to tell me what happened last night?" I hear her ask, knowing she probably saw me checking her out and now tries to change the subject. I shake my head slowly, ignoring the pounding it causes my brain.

"What?" She asks, surprised at my answer.
"I don't remember." I say, suddenly feeling ashamed of myself. I must have drunken way too much, if I can't remember a thing. All I remember from yesterday was Noah and I clubbing. That suddenly reminds me why we went clubbing in the first place and suddenly I feel angry again.

I turn around to leave, but her warm hands wrapping around my arm, stop me form doing so. I turn back around, not even trying to hide my anger. She looks surprised for a second, making my eyes soften for a second.

"Should I help you out then?" I hear her voice being at the edge of loosing her cool and look behind me, hoping Ana and Clyde aren't home. Do they know I slept here?

"They are not here." She tells me as if reading my mind. I nod and step into her room without her permission, but I need to sit down. I slump down on her bed, covering my face. I hear the door close and instead of sitting next to me, she sits down on her desk chair, angering me even more.

"Well, you drank. A lot. Too much, to be exact. You could've gotten alcohol poisoning, Hades. Why the hell would you do that?!" She asks, her shrill voice hurting my head. She's right and I hate it.

"It wasn't that much." I defend, knowing I'm wrong. I don't even know how much it was.
"Of course it was. You were out of it." She scoffs, making me roll my eyes. Why would she care?

"Don't act as if you care." I growl, not matching her tone of voice but having the same impact on her.
"What is that supposed to mean?" She asks, quieter this time. I look at her for the first time, catching a glimpse of her hurt look, before she quickly covers it up.