Chapter dos

How we ended up going to a club, instead of Bradley's party, I don't know. But to be honest, I can't complain, because I wasn't looking forward to seeing him anyway. Another good thing is that, because of the fact that Bradley invited half of the school to his party, we won't meet people that we don't really want to meet. Well, there might be a few creeps here and there, but we'll manage.

Oh and instead of just me and Stella clubbing, who is currently dancing with some guy on the dance floor, whilst me and the other girls are having a little break, we have Brooklyn and Zada to tag along. Stella is...quite unique? To be honest there is no word yet to describe Stella.

Her parents are probably considered hippies and she is a somehow version of them, but claims not to be. She takes it as an insult when people call her hippy, which seriously I understand. But based on the way she dresses and acts most of the time, she is a hippy. But no way am I going to tell her that. She is very violent...trust me, I know. All in all, Stella is... Stella.

And to my left we have Brooklyn, who is probably my bad twin or something. We dress pretty much the same and like the same stuff, which is very weird, considering the fact that I love, love, love oversized clothes. When we first met I was in my oversized pullover, matching my oversized sweatpants. It was my first night out after Hades left and she looked at me as if I grew two heads, because I was attending her home party like that. But seriously, I didn't care. I would do the same thing again if I had the chance to.

Anyways, when she found me sitting on the couch all alone, observing the drunk teenagers that were dancing and having fun in front of me, she walked up to me and told me that she respected the way I dress and how brave I was to do that. We instantly clicked and well, I guess she's now one of my best friends.

"You're awfully quiet tonight." I feel a slight nudge on my rips and turn to look at Zada. I give her a sneaky smile and nudge her back.
"Then let's go dance." I yell and stand up, hearing my friends laugh and follow me.

Zada has been there for me when I needed someone to pick me up from the ground, literally. I was having one of my breakdowns during the annual hunting championship and well, she was there. With my dad having no idea how to take care of a mentally unstable teenage daughter and a mother who I had not been able to face, since I was best friends with a murderer for my whole life and I felt ashamed and unwanted, it is easy to break down on the sidewalk, without anybody being curious. It was the perfect time for a breakout, nobody looked at me, nobody stopped to ask if I was alright, nobody but Zada.

I was taking deep breaths with my head between my knees and tears falling down my eyes when she approached me and asked if I needed her to call the ambulance. I put my best fake smile up, one that I've developed over the weeks of depression and politely declined. She saw right through my smile and decided to change my life for the better. I have yet to tell her about Hades, which I never thought I would have to do, because I really thought I would never see him again.

"What here? No." Brooklyn yells over the loud music and takes my hand with her left and Zada's hand with her right one. She drags us towards the middle of the dancefloor, where my nose is already pleading me to stop walking and turn around, where it only smelled like alcohol and maybe a little like sweat. But Brooklyn continues to lead us towards the middle and stops right next to a bunch of, well how do I say that? Women who look like hookers? Women whose dresses are so short, that if there was a slight breeze of wind in this stinky room, their dresses would not even be considered dresses anymore, but tops.

I mean, I'm wearing a little black dress too, but that short would be like asking all those creeps to touch me inappropriately. I shake my head and go with the flow. Besides the fact that it smells like vomit mixed with cigarettes and alcohol, which is a very bad combination might I add, it is pretty cool here. We dance to the first song hand in hand, having a blast. By the second song Brooklyn has already caught a fish, meaning she is only a few feet away from us, dancing with a random guy.