Chapter 35- At the barn

-Peridot's POV-

I saw the rest, packing up and cleaning the mess that the drill made.

Steven was helping the others remove the debris while I sit on the ground, making an update on my logs.

"log date 7155 : I managed to help my newfound alliance to contain the cluster at rest. It wasn't the plan but Steven made it more...easier.

It has been 14 earth days since my treason to homeworld. We haven't seen any homeworld spacecraft and would like to stay that way.

I doubt it since I committed a serious offense, calling Yellow diamond A CLOD!

I worry but...with the others by my side, I think we can take them"

I placed my recorder inside the barn and went out to help Steven and the others.

"Hey Peri! We're almost finished cleaning up and uhh....gonna go back to the temple now. You sure you don't wanna come? I mean.. the bathroom's still free! I, too would also like my breakfast buddy to eat breakfast with me.." He grabbed his cheeseburger backpack and slumped it against his back.

"Nah.. I'll stay here at the barn. Might improve some of its interiors and I need to fix the damage I did when I accidentally hit the on button on the drill." I laughed a little.

" Besiiides..the bathroom's your business. I know what you do there..NEVER GOING BACK!"

Steven blushed.

"heheheheh...yeah."

He walked towards the entrance of the barn. He noticed that Lapis was still out cold.

" On second thought, maybe I should stay a little while longer."

Steven asked permission from the rest. They agreed but limits Steven from staying too long. He gladly took note.

" Hey Peridot! I might stay after all! Just for a while though.." He said as he ran towards me.

" Are you gonna wait until Lapis wakes up?" I asked.

"Yes. I want to make sure she's okay. I also want her to know that she's safe and the Crystal gems will not harm her in any way. I'll make her feel welcome here!"

What more should you expect from Steven? He's as sweet as an oversweetened donut!

" Well, you could accompany me and watch the next season of Camp Pining Hearts if you like. Until Lapis wakes up, that is." I tried hiding my flustered face.

"hmmm....the next season IS kinda good. Why not?" Steven grabbed my hand and turned on the TV that they gave me as a commemoration gift of joining the Crystal gems.

As the moments went by, the awkwardness between us too began to vanish little by little.

(A/N: If you can remember, these two had moments that makes them a little bit awkward with each other. Most are from Peri's perspective though.)

We talked a lot. Laughed a lot. It felt good.

Ever since the drill incident, I feel much more at ease with him. Well, excluding the moments when I feel flustered around Steven especially when Amethyst is around.

I wanna stay like this..

We finished the whole season by dusk. Steven said that he should check Lapis.

I agreed.

After an hour and a half, Steven returned and bade me goodbye.

" I'll drop by again tomorrow! See ya, Peridot!" He waved at me.

I waved back.

I wonder what should I do now?

"hmmm..." I dug into the scraps that were stored inside the barn.

Should I build something?

" What do we have here...We got... Propellers...wires...outlets....engine parts? Arghh...So boring!"

I became bored. I decided to go outside and look around.

As I went outside, I saw a figure atop the silo. It was just sitting there.

"Oh..Lapis is awake?" I said.

Since she cannot hear me from where I am standing, I decided to let her be.

" Does Steven know? I wonder..."

I walked around some more. I saw the damage I did to the barn. Its quite a hole.

" Atleast I know what to do now!"
I began fixing the exteriors.

After a night of building the damaged wall of the barn, I finally managed to rest. The sun was beginning to rise.

I slump myself on the couch, also given by the Crystal gems.

" I wonder what time will Steven visit?" I asked.

Some of the leftover chips of wood from earlier was spreaded across the barn floor.

I collected some and began to pile them up to make a little Steven figure from them.

" Steven huh?" a voice echoed.

"H-huh?!" I turned around just to see Lapis near the entrance of the barn.

" Eep! Lapis?!" I began to scatter the chips. " This?! It's nothing, really! Hahahahahaha!" I nervously laughed.

"How cute.." Then she flew off somewhere again.

"Just Grrrreat.."

Why does everyone have find out my secret? Even my former informant knows something now..

----

Chapter done!

What's up?

I got bored so I did another chapter. It's a pretty typical night and I got nothing else to do hahaha :P

I might check the past chapters for corrections next.

I also want you guys to know that I think the book will be 50-55 chapters long since I already figured what I want for the story.

Unless I think of additional plots of course! It's just a thought though...Its not official yet!

But whatevs...

Bye for now!!