Chapter 30- Dread

-Steven's POV-

Stay calm Steven!! You wouldn't ruin this moment would you?

My hands are trembling and I think it's getting sweaty too. It's just a dance! Keep yourself together!

Both of us avoided eye contact but we exchange glances once in a while.

"So uh..dancing is fun don't you think? heheh." I tried to make a conversation just to make the air more breathable between us two.

"....yeah"  that's all she said. 

this is getting so awkwaaard! Why is this happening?!!

-Garnet's POV-

" Look at those two!! I could pound them into tiny marshmallow pieces!" Amethyst shook the table as she commented.

"Looks like they're having so much fun." I smirked

 I tapped my fingers. I was smiling but it didn't take awhile for that smile to turn into a sulky expression.

Pearl glanced over to me and asked.

" Is there something wrong Garnet? You look awful." Pearl placed her hands into my shoulders.

I sighed. 

"Remember the time we went back to the kindergarten?"

-flashback-

"Should we inform Steven about this?" Amethyst turned to me.

"Yeah, I think Steven will be much affected if we told him this." Pearl added.

"Its for the best that Steven shouldn't know about this. Now that he's close to-" Steven cuts my sentence.

He was sitting on the couch directly focused on us.

Did he hear us? I hope not.

he stood up and asked.  "Whatcha guys talking about?"  

-flashback ended-

"Oh...right. THAT" Amethyst frowned.

-Amethyst's POV-

My expression turned grim as I recalled my memory of that moment.

At the kindergarten, We found a small,seemingly busted, control center looking for some usable drill parts. At first,  the control center seems to be a bit wrecked and unusable but as we go along exploring it, Garnet found a small screen with all sorts of buttons and junk. It was making a small distinctive noise and it keeps blinking on and off. Of course, nerdy bird here, (that's Pearl BTW) tried to examine the stuff and managed to make the thing work perfectly.

The screen flashed reports of  calls from the homeworld.

We were stunned to see  recent calls not so long ago. It was from Yellow Diamond and the worst part is that we don't know whom or why  she called. We began to hypothesize some possible explanation that we could think of. 

Nothing. 

Well, actually there is two.

It seems that Yellow Diamond is still planning to make the Earth a colony of homeworld. Based on the recent works and checking ins of the calls, it is possible.

Or worst case scenario,Destroy Earth for some morbid reasons.

 I hated how we're just sitting ducks and not knowing what to do next.

We thought of Peridot. What if she IS the receiver of these calls and somehow managed to get it through some sort of device?  Although Peridot's a prime suspect to who the receiver was, she seems very fragile at the moment and we can't find a way of how can she obtain such devices with us around. Who knows? We just have to be extra careful.