Chapter 29- What the heart desires

-Peridot's POV-

Crack that Connie! because of her, Steven's now sad. 

I shakily clenched my fist and tried to withhold my building anger by looking at the sceneries we passed by. 

Who am I kidding. I'm the one at fault here. I should've kept my mouth shut and let Connie have her way instead. All of this just for some stupid music! I know it's not just for it though......

I know that we were competing for something more valuable than just music. It's Steven. It may seem like a petty quarrel to everyone, but we both know that is not the case.

I sighed of the thoughts that kept my mind dazed. 

The van stopped moving.

"Okay guys, we're here!" Steven's dad exclaimed.

"Good grief! finallly..out of this van. I need to stretch. It's soo cramped back there!" Pearl complained.

"I'm so sorry,Pearl. guess it's really messy back there isn't it? Welp! that means a cleanup must be conducted this saturday." Steven's dad replied to Pearl's statement.

"Dont mind Pearl, Greg! She's just a big loser. Little miss neat freak! hahahaha!" Amethyst teased.

"why you LITTLE-" 

Pearl began chasing Amethyst who seemingly enjoys the chase. I began giggling at the sight of those two. As I watched the act that those two were doing, I sensed something.

Steven was looking at me directly.

I blushed.

"huh? I-Is there something wrong Steven?" I touched my face while it flushed " Do I h-have something on my face?" 

He quickly turned away. "O-oh! It's nothing...it's just my mind drifting" I turned to my other side and saw Connie, filled with jealousy. She took Steven's hand and leaded him to a round table.

"Steven! Let's sit here!" Steven nodded.

He turned to me and shrugged.

I just smiled and shrugged back.

In the distance,  Amethyst and Pearl still on their chase. I laughed internally.

" Hey Peridot, Want to grab something to eat?" Garnet asked.

I was startled by Garnet.

"oh hey perma- I mean, Garnet." 

I looked towards Steven once more. "Sure, why not?"

Garnet and I went to the catering table and scooped some of them on our plates." I thought Amethyst is the only crystal gem, besides Steven, who eats?"

"Well, sometimes I do it for Steven or for the fun. It's really fun to do..except the digesting and expelling though" Garnet shivered. 

I shivered too. "It IS weird but food tastes nice" I smiled. 

 We headed towards the round table where Connie and Steven sat.

"Oh! you guys already took some yums? I'll be right back, I'm gonna go get some too!" Steven dashed towards the catering table while Connie tailed Steven.

"Steven! I'll go too!"

Garnet and I were alone together back at the table.

 I was munching on my grub while glancing over Garnet  at some moments. She was eating the 'spaghetti' calmly and it kind of vexed me off.

"So....how are things with Steven?" I jolted at her words.

"W-what about Steven?" I drank my H2O anxiously.

"Y'know..the Percy and the Pierre thing?" She smirked at me mischievously.

"H-HEY! cut it out...someone might hear you!" I loudly whispered.

"With the way you whisper, somebody might as well." Garnet chuckled.

I scowled. 

" well I-I.." I sighed " who cares anyway, he likes somebody else.. "

"You know.." she forked down a handful of spaghetti in her mouth then swallowed. " You should believe in yourself more..you have potential. You are a strong, intelligent and sweet gem." 

I listened intently.

"Yes, I can see the future as I once told you..but I can see them in different paths that you can affect. Choose your actions wisely and obtain the one your heart truly desires" Garnet added.

I couldn't move a muscle. the way she spoke...truly fascinating!

 "That's some deeeep words Garnet..I-I don't know what to say" 

"Just think of it as a word of advice from a certified love expert." She winked at me.

"Heyyy! We're backkk!" Steven called.

"Let's dig in!" Connie said playfully.

Pearl and Amethyst walked towards us with tiresome eyes as they sat beside Garnet.

"Ughhh...so exhausted" Amethyst said as she slumped at her chair.

"You're the one at fault here! *pant* Y-you started it!" Pearl tiredly responded.

"Too freaking tired to argue anymore..." She sniffed out the smell of our food and quickly stood up when she saw it.

"Ooooohh! Munchies! just what I needed!" Amethyst began licking her lips in response to what she saw.

"Get your own food Amethyst!..it's ours. " Steven resisted her attempt of grabbing various food on the table.

"Aww c'mon little man! I'm too tired to even stand up!" Amethyst used puppy dog eyes on him.

It's not very effective.

"No."

Amethyst began to grumble as she walked tediously towards the catering table.

Moments later, We finished eating and the music played slowly. Some of the people walked towards the center and danced each with partners.

"H-hey Steven..you wanna dance?" Connie asked Steven.

"Uhh.." he looked at my direction "S-sure!"

"Ohh wait...I need to go to the bathroom first. Maybe later" She quickly gone to the bathroom to relieve herself.

He sighed and glanced at me again.

"U-uh...Peridot? uhm..wanna, you know.." He cleared his throat " D-dance with me? It's fine if you dont wanna" he offered me his hand.

My chest began pounding very quickly. It felt like I would explode any minute. My face is heating up and dont know what to do.

"I-uhh.." I glanced over to Garnet. She gave me a thumbs up. Amethyst, on the other hand, teasingly smiled like a clod that she is.

"O-okay"

He escorted me to the center and we began to dance.

"I ship this" Garnet and Amethyst said in unison.

-----

Phew.. a chapter done! 

Yellow guys! It's me again, Author-chan saying that I will cut this note short because it's already 12:30 AM here and yet im still writing! I need my beauty sleep and my bed's getting jealous of my laptop. so.....