Chapter 19- Searching the town

-Steven's POV-

I dashed towards the door.

"Peridot, wait up!"

I tried to catch up with her but I noticed that Connie was left behind.

I walked towards the big donut again.

"Hey, I'm sorry I left you back here for a moment. I was just worried about Peridot. Y'know, she was going with us to Funland but for some reasons, she started to walk away." I said to Connie.

"I think I know why..." She mumbled to herself

"Huh?" I asked.

"N-nothing!" She started to shake her head.

"Well anyway, I think we should postpone our trip to the amusement park for today....I'm going to start looking for Peridot right now. If that's okay with you?"

She hesitates at first but still answered.

"Umm..S-sure why not? Why would I, just a normal girl, but your best friend, be of any hindrance to you?" She replied.

Hmm..

There's something seems off with her answer.

"Okay! See ya later Connie!"

I exit the building with great discomfort.

Gosh..where could she be?

I ran towards the van and tried to talk to Dad.

Ugh..He's fast asleep!

I grabbed a piece of sticky note and wrote "Dad, Peridot's gone. Gonna find her ASAP :) Dad,you go on ahead back home :) "

I sticked the note onto my Dad's face then dashed to find Peridot.

I began to look around the surrounding areas near the big donut but she is still nowhere to be found.

"Where are you Peridot?" I worriedly asked myself.

I saw the sun setting fast.

I gotta find her soon before night falls.

I ended up going to the Beach Citywalk fries.

"Hey Peedee, have you seen a small, greenish girl walk past here? About my height I guess?" I asked my friend, Peedee.

He scratches his head in response.

" No, but your sister, I think? Amethyst bought from us earlier if that counts."

Maybe Amethyst knows where Peridot is!

"Umm...do you know where she is?" I asked.

"Oh! I saw her at the back alley eating her fries"

That's good enough for me!

"Thanks Peedee! You're the best! I gotta go now...say hi to Ronaldo for me!"

I waved goodbye to Peedee.

Sun is setting very fast.

I quickly turned to the alleyway behind the fries shop.

I spotted two sillhouettes that seemed talking to each other.

Its Amethyst!......and Peridot!!

Yes!! Finally! The search was worth it.

"Amethyst! Peridot! There you guys are!" I waved towards their direction.

"Oh hi Steven! Fancy meeting you here! Were you looking for sweet lil PERIDOT?!" She shouted Peridot's name for no good reason.

Amethyst then began to snicker.

I saw Peridot flushed with dark green color on her face.

"Hey Dot! Why did you leave? I thought you knew that we are going to funland? You were the one excited too..." I asked Peridot.

"Well, I uhh...decided to go back home because I umm...tired from all the consumption of your human diets. Then I saw Amethyst and decided to join her instead." Still looking flustered.

"Oh...okay. Well, you could just atleast told me that you're not gonna go anyway.." I said.

Amethyst is still snickering about something.

"Since you two lovebirds saw each other already, let's go back to the temple!"

Peridot suddenly glared at Amethyst like she was about to have a bad time.

Amethyst grins widely then raises both of her eyebrows.

"Uh...yeah, lets go home! Pearl might be worried now." I said while still questioning what was happening.

What the heck was those two going on about?

--------

Yasssss! Another update for you guys!!

Umm...I dont know what to say anymore.

Uhh..some..milk anyone?

Lemme just say that you guys are the best and please continue supporting Stevidot (look how fragile our little ship is compared to other ships)

Toodloooo!! :)