Chapter 4- Your smile

-Peridot's POV-

We waited for the comet to arrive. Its getting pretty quiet between us two.

Too quiet.

I tried to start a conversation to pep things up.

"So wait...if the comet appears only once every 2500 years, why appear now? Several years compared to thousands aren't enough to make it back to earth that early." It's so confusing. Comets shouldnt behave like that! They have pathways to follow. It doesn't make any sense!

"I don't really know why but the news said it's some sort of phenomena where the comet is assumed to be thrown off-course of its orbit by an unknown force..but that's just a theory. So, no one knows exactly why.Atleast I can see the same comet as my mom and dad saw it 15 years ago. That's a privilege to see." Steven explained.

I can see the sparkles in his eyes as he detailed every moment. It's so mesmerizing that I can't even stop looking.

Peridot! What's happening to you?!  This feeling...this burning sensation inside my chest is engulfing my physical form all over.

Steven caught me staring.

Quick Peridot! Turn away! Turn away! He will notice that I've been staring for too long.

"Peridot?" He leaned in closer.

Stars! Oh my stars! I can feel my face heating up. What is Steven doing?! What is this feeling that I'm feeling right now?!

"U-uh S-Steven? W-what are you doing?" I stuttered.

Steven hugged me. His touch stumps enveloped my body and whispered in my ear.

"Thanks Peri, thanks for listening. You're like a sister I never had."

What's a sister?

"N-no problem steven" I broke the hug and quickly forced a smile to hide my flustering face.

"Hehehe...sorry Peri, I hugged hard. You know, you should smile more often. It suits you well."

Steven wore his infamous smile again. Its so frustrating that it made me soft and vulnerable.

"Thanks, but I want to be strong, you know? Smiling is a sign of weakness" I stood up and showed steven my firm pose.

He quickly stood up beside me and placed his hands onto my shoulders.

"Smiling isn't a sign of weakness. It helps you to feel good and perform tasks with an optimistic side. It makes you feel special and remember all the good times you spent with those who you love."

Love?

What is Love?

I'll ask Steven what this word means. I don't recall Homeworld use that word often nor I haven't heard it from anywhere.

"Hey Steven! I want to ask-"

"Look peri! Its here!"
Steven pointed on the giant chunk of rock and ice dashing through the sky.

"It's so beautiful..The Universe Quartz."

-----

Yay! Another Chapter done by moi! What could be the unknown force that caused the comet to be thrown off-course? Find out in the next chapters. Ciao!

update: I hope this chapter explained the past chapter well :)