Chapter Fourteen- Labyrinth

Start from the beginning

I felt a sharp slap to my head. "Don't break the fourth wall, baka!" I glared at Sasuke, then parted the metal beneath his feet. He landed on his ass on the steps below.

"Ha." I swung through the entrance over him. "C'mon, I'll lead the way so no one dies."

It gradually got darker and darker the longer we walked, and Sasuke lit the torches that now marked the walls. I stuck my hands in my pockets, whistling as we walked, satisfied that Karin had finally contributed by carrying my shoes for me.

"Why does she have to walk ahead anyway? Isn't this supposed to be the safe entrance..?" The redhead muttered- apparently not as happy about the arrangement as I was. Credit to her though, she hadn't left my shoes behind. I would have.

"Baaaka. This place is still a labyrinth. Do you wanna end up lost in here?" I said, not turning around to look at her. Carefully feeling for abnormalities in the walls or floors of every turn, I chose our path carefully, until we reached a large, cavernous room.

Books and scrolls lined the walls, and I had to say... I felt bored just looking at them.

"There's stuff here about your clan too, Sachi," I flinched out of my sleepy stupor as a scroll was laid down on the table by my head. I was currently stretched across it, boredom sending me to sleep. I hated libraries. I snorted at Sasuke in derision, looking away, "Aren't you the least bit interested?"

"In the past of people I've never met? Not really." He sat down in a chair, and I sighed and pulled myself upright. It was uncomfortable to have him sat so close to my head. "Of all the cool secret Uchiha places we could have gone to... it had to be a library."

I felt a wad of paper land in my lap. "You might at least find this of interest."

I unrolled the wedge, glancing over it. Blinking, I squinted closely. A picture of my Mother adorned the paper, next to some people I didn't recognise.

Standing up, I walked around the table to sit down opposite Sasuke- so that I could use his candle light. Spreading the paper out against the table, I could see in the light the stains of age and tears that time had brought. Obviously it couldn't be that old- my Mother was only in her early twenties when she had me- but this picture of her wasn't as I knew her. Her face was unsmiling, aging her, though in itself she looked younger. She couldn't have been much more than sixteen in the picture.

More people covered the paper, lines and lines, some redheaded like my Mother, some brunettes. Classic hair colours of the Asuka. It looked like a family tree... not that I would recognise anyone on it. I'd never met any of my extended family.

Above my Mother's picture were two more, who I assumed to be my Grandparents. The woman was youthful in the picture, though who knew if that was how she looked when she had my Mother. She was a brunette, but her husband- my Mother's Father- was a redhead.

What was odd was that, next to Mom's picture, was a man's photograph. The dotted line that joined them suggested a marital joining, but it had been crossed out. I'd certainly never met him. And the family tree ended there.

Was this man supposed to marry my Mother? Was that why we didn't have anything to do with our clan? Did she run away? Or was she chased out? I had so many questions...

I brushed my fingers lightly over her picture. This wasn't how I remembered her. She was always so happy...

I flipped to the next page. It was another family tree, but with a lot fewer members, and some had the black hair and dark eyes characteristic of the Uchiha. Sasuke had said that our clans were closely intertwined, I suppose it wouldn't be unusual for there to be marriages...

Suddenly, my heart leapt into my throat, nostrils flaring. That... that was my name.

I flipped back to the first page. Scanning over it, I read the title; "Asuka Main Family". Then, I skipped ahead a few pages, hands falling on one of the few, newer pages in the wedge of papers. A contract. I skim-read it, heart pounding.

My name. And next to it, those of both of my parents, their signatures included.

Below that, two other names, ones I didn't recognise, but from the Uchiha clan. Also signed.

There was a photograph underneath the contract of me (I appeared around one year old, if not less) and an Uchiha boy.

It was a betrothal agreement, and I'd be damned if I didn't recognise the stupid Duck-ass haircut of the boy in the photograph.

- - -

OOOOOOOOHHHHH

Cheesy& unlikely I know, BUT once I thought of it I couldn't let the idea go.

Next chapter might be from the point of view of Sachi's mother, just to explain what exactly happened, but idk. What do you guys think? :3

Comment, vote, and I'll try not to leave it so long before updating this time 😂

Tomorrow Blossom (Sasuke Uchiha) - Book Two - I Don't Love YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara