OVA: Protect the Waterfall Village

Was watching this OVA and decided to write it- since we've all been missing the Shady Uchiha. This is also kinda to make up for the lack of updates recently XD

Sachi and Sasuke are together in this chapter. It takes place after chapter 25 of Book One, so yeah.

LOL if it was up to my spell check, Sasuke's name would be Sauce Ukiah. Pfft.

(Sachi would be called Sachem apparently) XD

Welp, enjoy!

- - -

I sighed heavily, miming playing the flute with my fingers in my boredom and messing with my single crutch. Sasuke, who was walking close beside me, rose his eyebrows but smirked slightly- it seemed he was finding my bizarre (and kind of stupid) actions more and more humourous as time went by. I think he was starting to get too used to being around me. I was warping his sense of humour- either that, or actually giving him one. He cracked sarcastic jokes a lot more now than he used to. Stupid emo kid killing us all. (A/N: a phrase you should all recognise XD)

"Sachi, what are you doing?" he asked, and I noticed Sakura watching us with a dark expression out of the corner of my eyes. I ignored her, like any ordinary person.

"Pretending to play the flute, what's it look like?" I said obnoxiously, mock-rolling my eyes at him. Even so, I couldn't help but grin. I often seemed to find it hard to keep a straight face around him.

"Looks like you're crazy..." Sakura muttered, and I whipped my head round to stare hard at her.

"You." I pointed at her, expressionless. "Shut the hell up."

She glared at me, but I turned my head away so I wouldn't have to look at her face anymore. She was, as Sasuke frequently put it, annoying.

I looked up at the tree canopy, watching the leaves float around, and then glanced at our escortee, Shibuki, Leader of Takigakure, the Waterfall village. He had long, hazel hair and dark eyes that glanced around nervously. A group of birds all flew out of the trees at once in a flurry of noise, and he jumped, grabbing the person closest to him and using them as a shield. Which just so happened to be me.

I twitched slightly as Brave-and-Mighty Lord Shibuki used me, an injured twelve year old girl, as a human shield and glanced around, checking for any potential danger. The only one he found was a very dark-looking Uchiha, who grabbed the Taki ninja by the wrist, pulled his hand off of my sleeve and placed it by his side. Without saying anything, Sasuke then placed his hand on my back and urged me slightly forward, eyeing Shibuki all the while. Shibuki sweated and quickly moved to the other side of the group.

Sasuke glanced at me once he deemed the distance between me and the Taki leader to be a suitable one, and I flashed him a grin, as though to say 'Haha, you're jealous. Admit it, you want this all to yourself.' (okay, he might not have got all of those connotations, but that was what I was thinking) and he flushed slightly and looked away. Dayum, he blushes easily now.

As we finally drew up to the border for the Waterfall village, everyone stared in awe at the large- yep, you guessed it- waterfall that marked the entrance of the village. Not that I knew where it was. I'd never been inside, just to the outside with my Father to deliver furniture.

I didn't have time to be sad about that, though, because there were two shouts that quickly distracted me from my memories.

"Shibuki-sama!" two little kids came running over. "Shibuki-sama, you're home!"

"Now, now, show some respect for your Village leader." Oh, so now he acts like some kind of brave, respectable guy. "Sorry, I can't play with you right now. I still have some matters to attend to."