Chapter 7

We leave the Summer Village and arrive at the Spring Village. This is a village where horse carriages and streetcars run, so we can't stroll around the town on horses. As we leave our horses at the city entrance, Ayu and Yayoi approach us. 

"Huh... Why is Ran here?" Ayu asks. 

"What happened to Kikyo?" Yayoi asks as well. 

"Kikyo is doing some investigations on his own for now, and meanwhile, Ran has come and joined us from the Winter Village." I answer them. 

"What, you got a problem with me?" Ran says. 

"Rindoh, you must be tired." Yayoi says. 

"Huh?" Rindoh says. 

"It must be nerve-wracking to keep the country-breds company. I pity you." 

"You bastard!" Ran yells. "And who's got a girly name, huh!? Me or you!?" 

"Yeah, we pity YOU for having that silky long hair like a girl!" Shiroya adds. 

"My, my. You haven't changed a bit through your journey, have you, farmers." Yayoi says. 

"Drop it, Yayoi..." Ayu tells him. 

"Hey guys, grow up." Rindoh says. "Yayoi has always been this way, you know that? Just get used to it." 

"I know, but that's nothing to do with me hating him!" Ran says. 

"Gaaah!" Shiroya says. "Can I just punch him in the face, just once?" 

"Calm down, calm down..." Rindoh says to him. "Learn from Kaito." 

Kaito looks at Yayoi with indifferent eyes. 

"What, you having a stomachache or something?" Yayoi says to Kaito. 

"No, he has grown up." Rindoh answers to him. "Right, Kaito?" 

"It's just that it doesn't matter to me who's from where." Kaito says. "Don't you think so too, [Y/N]?" 

"Absolutely..." I say. 

I'm glad. He did grow up, and is so much more mature. He's become more confident, and... I'm more and more in love with him. 

Yayoi snorts and turns to me. "So? Where did Kikyo go, really?" 

"Before we split, he said he would go gather information in the Spring Village." I say. 

"Oh, so he's also here." 

"Now that I think back, I think I saw someone like Kikyo at the library..." Ayu says. 

"At the library?" Rindoh says. "Hmm... I didn't know you get out of the mansion nowadays." 

"Of course I do. I don't only go out when I'm on my duties... Rindoh, I think you are a little rude..." 

"Haha! Sorry sorry! I just thought that it's rare, that's it!" 

"He goes to the library quite often." Yayoi tells us. "Ayu likes to study, don't you, Ayu?" 

"Oh, I'm really sorry! It was my bad!" Laughing loudly, Rindoh ruffles Ayu's hair. 

Rindoh... He's acting a little different from usual. Around Kikyo, and around Ayu, he acts more like a big brother. Besides, he looks like he's a real good friend to Yayoi... 

Thinking that, I let my eyes wander and look at Ayu. Our eyes meet for a second, but then he looks away instantly. 

Ayu...? 

The moment I tilt my head to the side, a pigeon lands on Rindoh's arm. 

"Ah, it's back." Rindoh says.