13

Tazza's POV

I wiped away the last of my tears after being calmed down by Seana and Freya.

"I stayed at Simon's the other night, we kissed after coming home from the festival so decided to stay the night. Nothing happened between us but I just could hold back." I said looking up to them both as I was sitting on the wall.

"But they arguing? The hatred? What?" Freya said furrowing her brow.

"I know, I know. Don't repeat this but, when we were in high school, Simon saved me from early being beaten to death by these guys I got myself into trouble with. After he saw one of the boys and went rogue and beat him to shit, there was blood everywhere and it petrified me, it turned me cold against him; I had feelings for him to, I never stopped having feelings for him..." I said beginning to trail off towards the end.

"Oh Tazz" Seana said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I just need to talk to him" I said looking up at them both.

"Are you sure, he's kind of angry right no-"

"Freya please, let me" I said standing up.

They looked at eachother then back to me and nodded, they let me past and I headed over to where Simon stormed off to, whilst wiping away the tears that blurred my sight.

I walked down the ally way to see a trash can scattered across the floor.

"Simon?-"

"Why didn't you just let me beat the shit off him huh?" He screamed down at me causing more tears to start to flow.

"I don't know" I said not thinking twice.

"Tell me!" He shouted.

"Because you were scaring me!" Finally shouted back at him, causing him to fall silent and ease a little into sorrow.

"Because you were scaring me alright?" I said welling out the tears.

"You've done it once and i didn't want to see it again because you petrify me!" I said trying to pull myself together but it just wasn't working.

"Tazz I'm sorry" he said going into a sympathetic tone.

I felt my body jolt every time I took in a sharp breath.

"Come here" he said pulling me into a hug and letting me bellow my cries into his chest.

"You need to stop" I said then taking in a sharp breath "please just stop"

I felt him kiss my head then place his hands round the back of my head, seating slightly to calm me down.

"I promise" he replied then peeled me off him.

He bent down to my height whilst I noticed his shirt was covered in mascara.

"Sorry about your shirt" I sniffled and wiped the wet off of my cheeks with the back of my hand.

"It's fine, come 'ere" he wiped the bottom of my eyes getting rid of the mascara that had leaked down my face.

"There" he said showing his warming smile.

I let out a giggle then sniffled "I'm just so tired" I said looking lazed.

"How bout we go to a drive-thru mcdonald, get loads of chicken nuggets then go back to my place and sleep?" He said and I nodded quickly.

-----

We arrived back at his apartment with 2 boxes of 20 chicken nuggets which I just knew we weren't gonna finish, but too more is better than less. We sat at the table side by side as we tucked into the nuggets, Simon put on orange is the new black from where we left off and it was pretty silent so I decided to break it.

"What was your dad like?" I said bursting out, it was a question that was always on my mind and I needed to know, something made him this way.

I watched as he stopped chewing and his body froze, his eyes moved glance from the TV to the floor but his head was still facing. He finally turned to face me, I could tell he was uncomfortable, but I needed answers.

"Why d'you ask?" He said dipping a nugget into the sauce not liking at me at all.

"Please, I just want to know" I said softly.

He let out a sigh, took in a deep breath and stood up "He was an honourable man, taught me how to be a respectful man. My dad was my everything." He said looking at the ground and smiling "I can remember when we first came here, I was getting bullied for being the new boy and even though Nick helped me out, it just wasn't enough. Eventually my dad come in, taught 'em who they were messing with, it all stopped after that. When I heard that I lost him, my heart broke and to make matters worse my mum turned to drink, ended up with some guy that was abusive. The first time he hit her I was 12 I wasn't big enough to beat him, but I attempted to and ended up with this scar" He pointed to above his eyebrow "Hit me with the buckle of his belt and then went back to hit my Mum even more. The years passed by and nearly everyday my mum was getting beat. My brothers went to join the army leaving just me, mum and her boyfriend. I started to take fighting classes and by the time I was 16 I was fully grown. My mum's boyfriend come in drunk one night and beat the living shit out of my mum whilst I was at football practice, well soccer for you. I saw her and I lost it, I just kept hitting him I couldn't stop. This was years and years of emotions built up and coming out in a outburst. I ended up going Juvy but getting out, I got dumped off of all my sporting teams and I lost all my friends. I went to my brothers base for the summer which was my dads base too and reunited myself with the rest of Sidemen, we had been friends with them for a while. I heard the other day that was my mums boyfriend got a long time in jail and that he's still there now. Me and my mum moved to LA and my mum got a well paying job and I turned to YouTube, our school was a new life for me and not a single day goes by without my dad on my mind. I know if he was alive and he and my mum got divorced he would do the same."

I was amazed, i hadn't realised he went through so much.

Simon's POV

"When those boys beat you up I held back a little, but then I got involved with you. Although you pushed me out and away I was drawn to you, it was inevitable. Then when I saw the same kid again, the thought of the fact he almost killed the girl I was in love with just ruptured my mind and I couldn't hold back, it felt like when my mums ex-boyfriend did it to her. And then with that guy Toni that was about to take you away from me turn on you and raise his hand to you, I couldn't let that happen to the girl I love and who I care about, I would rather let him-"

"The girl you love and care about?" She said looking up at me with a confused expression.

Shit.