4

Tazza's POV

I sat there playing with my shoes in the playground thinking about what to do next, I had missed too much of school to knuckle down now, I was royally fucked. I heard footsteps heading over to me, it was an enemy, it was Nate and his two boys, the guys my crew always used to steal from. I got up quickly and tried to walk away, I felt my arms get dragged and my body smashed against the dusty dirt.

"Ahhh shit" I groaned as I rolled over to gain my balance, coughing and wheezing.

"Young bitch! What's up little thief?" Nate said as the picked me up and he grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him.

I spat in his face, I had to do something, I knew I wasn't in for a treat. He looked at both of his boys and nodded to them, they let go of me and kicked out the back of my knees causing me to fall on them. I looked up to Nate who threw a full swing at me, I smashed against the floor as the pain throttled to my face, I felt myself getting punches and kicks getting pelted into me, the pain was immense. I felt myself slowly begin to pass out as I heard shoes scrape against the dusty dirt ground and fists connecting with faces and the pain stopping and footsteps running away from me. I opened my eyes to see that kid I bumped into in the corridor throwing a boy to the ground and punching him leading him to run away with Nate and the other. He turned around to face me as I slowly peeled myself off the ground, he put an arm on my shoulder but I flicked it off and resumed peeling myself off the ground. I felt the blood dripping down but I tried to limp away from him still.

"Hey wait" He tried to grab me again "Hey!" I stopped and turned to face him.

"At least let me give you a ride home" He pleaded.

I tried to nod but fell faint and felt my knees buckle, I braced for the pain of hitting the ground put felt hands grab me. I looked up to see his eyes staring into mine.

"Look what they've done to you" He took off his jacket and put it behind my head leaving me panting there.

He ran over to his car and grabbed a bottle of water out of it then ran back over to me "Here drink this" He gave me the water to drink then sat me up.

We sat there for about two minutes before he spoke again "You conscious enough" I nodded.

"Okay 3, 2, 1" He helped lift me off the ground and onto my feet again, then leading me to his car. 

------

The journey home was quite quiet and long considering I didn't want to talk and I lived so far away.

"What did you do for those boys to beat you that badly?" He said his british accent completely contrasting mine.

"I'd prefer not to talk about it" I said in my spanish accent, my voice dry and croaky. I turned to face the window again.

"I'm Simon" He said changing the subject.

I smirked menacingly "I'm Tazz" I turned my head back to the window, staring out to the cold empty streets.

We pulled up to my house and I immediately jumped out of the car in an urge to get away from him, I looked up to see he was towering over me, causing me to be short of breath.

"In a rush?" He said looking down at my awkward self.

"No just-" I let out a groan and pushed past him heading up the steps to my front door. 

"I'm sorry?" He said sounding confused.

"Just go home" I said opening my door and slamming it on him.

I peaked out the window to see him shake his head and get back in his car, I watched his back lights disappear into the distance. I let out a sigh of relief whilst sliding down my door.

"Where have you been?" I heard the low tone of my mothers voice coming from the dark hallway.

I checked the time on my phone, it was 11:13, Shit.

I immediately put my hood over my head kidding my bruised face from my mom and stood up. To my luck she turned the light on. 

"What happened to you!?" She shouted rushing over to me looking at my bruised and battered face, I hadn't even seen the damage yet. 

She placed her hand on my side and I flinched "Ah!" She took her hand off it and lifted up my top.

"I'm calling the cops!" 

"No Ma!" I tried to grab her but missed, she carried on marching to the phone pod and picked up, I snatched it out of her hand before she could continue.

"It's my fault" I said looking at her in the eyes, I could feel myself tearing up but I blinked them away.

"I stole from them, I deserve it." I said looking down hiding my facial expressions.

"Who did you steal from?" She said looking sympathetic and sincere.

"Can you remember Nate? Nate Garcia? The one I went elementary school with when you first adopted me?" 

"Well yes"

"Yeah, he's turned into a complete ass, thinks he's better than everyone else.... He tried to chat up Dee's young sister so we thought about revenge and stole a few of his things he found me after-"

"Well didn't your crew help you?" She said interrupting me.

"Well that's just it, the crew ditched me because of school, school was taking up my practice time and now I have nobody... this British dweeb called Simon saved me and took me home-" 

"Simon? He saved my baby! You must invite him home! Where is he? Is he still outside?" She went to look outside but I stopped her.

"No Ma, he left" I said letting out an impatient slight laugh.

"Well I'll pick you up after school tomorrow" She said checking me out once again.

"Okay"

I watched her walk over to the cabinet and grab medical stuff out of it she walked over to me, her being a nurse and cleaned my cuts and sewed up one on my forehead. She handed me some pain killers and I took them, I headed up to my room and collapsed onto my bed, boy was I going to hurt in the morning.