13 | blood and water

GREY

I stalked into the cafe with the purpose of finding Jett. I saw his usual group of friends conversing over their food so I walked over there. Confused on why he wasn't present.

"Where's Jett?"

"Solitary Confinement," Tony answered.

I frowned. "What? Why?"

"Why don't you ask him," Nick laughed, taking a sip of his water.

I sighed and spun on my heels, Solitary Confinement my new dreaded destination. I saw Tegan and Bianca enter just as I neared the exit.

"Well, well, well," Tegan crossed her arms. Ever since I became an agent, she's grown sour toward me.

"Don't let us little people get in your way," Bianca sneered.

I shook my head, "It's not even like that."

"Sure," Tegan laughed, unconvinced.

"I really don't have time for this right now. So if you're done hating on me for the fact that I'm smarter than the both of you combined - I'll be on my merry way," I gave an artificial smile and walked passed.

I walked down the hall, to the elevator. I needed to talk to Jett about what Grant found on Vera's computer. We can't stay here with that plan eventually going into motion. I don't want Violet exposed to that. According to Grant, she's going to have a certain agent shoot the President.

What if she chooses me?

I knew for a fact that Project X wasn't the only thing that Vera kept hidden from us. Nobody questions her motive or even dares to defy her because of her manipulation and deception. It's ridiculous that Grant and I are the only ones not under her influence. But I guess the longer you stay here, your thinking and attitude changes over time.

I pushed open the double metal doors that led to the narrow hall of Confinement once I was got to the ground level. When I walked into Jett's room, he was nowhere to be found on first sight. I walked further in and saw him laying on the bed.

When he caught sight of me, he got up and walked toward the glass.

"Well. Isn't this funny," I crossed my arms with a smile pulling on my lips.

"If you're doing this I'm goin' to sleep," He turned around.

"What'd you do," I asked. He stopped and turned back around with a sigh.

"I got into a fight . . . and I cursed," He bobbled his head side to side, ". . . multiple times."

"Of course you did," I shook my head. "And I'm the only one with a temper."

"Ok but Darren was asking for it," He pointed. "He thinks he knows everything and talks to me like I'm five years old."

"Oh. True," I admitted.

"How was your mission?" He asked.

"Um, it was ok I guess. Thrilling. Nerve-wracking."

"I'm proud of you sis," He nodded with a smile of admiration.

"Thanks.You still like it here?"

"Well yeah. I may not be an agent yet but everything is so in order and civilized here. Plus we're like heroes, saving people," He shrugged. "I can't wait until I'm an Agent."

The witch done got to my brother too.

"I saw something," I said vaguely. He knitted his brows in confusion. "Vera is planning something big for the future and it's dangerous. We can't be here when that happens, I don't want Vi-"