06 | confined

GREY

I blinked my eyes open and my vision gradually started to focus. I sat myself up and studied my surroundings. I was on soft plush made up twin bed. The comforter was a spotless white and so was the pillow. There was a nightstand with nothing sitting atop of it. A white door and silver knob was diagonal from me.

Where even am I?

I stood up, feeling waves of dizziness hit me and a pang of soreness corse through the back of my neck. I walked through a hexagonal shaped door way and the sudden light made my eyes squint.

There was a glass divider, separating me from the other side of an even larger room with smooth grey floors. The room I was confined, consisted of concrete walls with clustered hexagonal shaped lights on the ceiling, looking like a bee hive.

 The room I was confined, consisted of concrete walls with clustered hexagonal shaped lights on the ceiling, looking like a bee hive

There Vera stood on the other side of the glass with her head held high, and arms tucked behind her back. A snide smirk pulled at her nearly perfect articulated lips.

"Hello Grey."

"Where am I?"

"You're in Solitary Confinement," She nodded. "It's what happens when you don't follow the rules."

"Ok," I held my hand up and shut my eyes with dozens of questions whirling in my mind, mixed with frustration and anger. "What did you do to me. My neck. I got-I got electrocuted!"

"Oh yes. The tracker implanted in the back of your neck isn't just for tracking purposes. It also has the ability to give you a . . . little shock," Her voice held an evil amusement. "Actually considering where the tracker is, it's quite dangerous. But I have on a setting just enough for it to not to kill you."

"Yeah what a saint you are," I spat with sarcasm.

"I knew you'd try to escape. I saw it coming, that's why I'm not mad. But let this be a lesson," Her voice grew stern and cold in seconds. "There is no escaping. You're not going back to your little home so get over it," She turned around and headed for the double grey metal doors. "There's someone who wants to see you."

Vera left and Jett took her place.

We stood there. The room pin drop quite with our eyes burning into each other.

"Why," I asked rather calmly, yet feeling my anger start to ignite.

"Why what?"

I pounded the side of my fist on the glass in explosive anger. "You know exactly what! Why'd you just change your mind like that?!"

"Well for one, we didn't have any idea where we were going!"

"So?! We could've we-"

"Just be quiet!" His deep voice interrupted, nearing the glass. "Listen to me. I know. Our lives just took a sharp turn the minute we got here. I know alright? But maybe. Just maybe this could be something good and sustainable for us."