04 | newbies

GREY

The bright light seeped into my closed eyelids and I stirred in my sleep with a frown, plopping the black puffy pillow over my face. I heard the distinct click of heels in different areas of the room.

"Rise and shine," Deeliah's chirped happily. I let out a throaty groan and turned on my back, placing both hands over my face.

"Your itinerary is on the nightstand," She said. I looked over to find a sheet of paper with printed words on it. I reached for it and lazily skimmed it over, before crumbling it into a ball and tossing it across the room.

"Grey. Please," Deeliah sighed. "Hurry up and get dressed. You have Combat first," I felt articles of clothing being thrown on the bed. I reluctantly sat up from my cloud like mattress and saw a black pair of workout leggings, a neon sports bra and white muscle tee.

"We have to go get Jett so I can walk you down to your class. You have ten minutes, I'll be outside," Deeliah exited the room briskly. 

I sighed and swung both legs over the bed letting the shaggy off-white area rug warm my feet. Still feeling fatigued, I stood up and clothed myself with the workout wear Deeliah picked out for me. 

The leggings had a small strip of mesh going down the side of my calve, exposing skin. The white muscle tee had large openings at the sides, letting the neon sports bra to be seen indiscreetly.

I made my way into the bathroom. The large mirror took up most of the wall above the marbled porcelain sink. The glass doored shower with it's silver flat shower head hanging in the middle of it's ceiling made me feel pampered. Everything here was so modern.

I brushed my teeth and combed my fingers through my tangled wavy hair a few times to make it look somewhat presentable.

"Socks," I mumbled to myself as I exited the bathroom with the unpleasing coldness of the tilt beneath my feet. Opening a small drawer in the dresser, I found multiple bundles of white socks. I took a pair and speedily put each sock on, hopping on one foot to keep my balance.

Out of curiosity, I opened the next drawer and my eyes went wide when I found sets of bras and underwear neatly folded. I opened the drawer below it to find a variety of shirts and blouses.

"What the-"

"Five minutes!" I heard Deeliah's muffled shout through the door. I pushed the drawer closed with a loud smack.

"Alright. Shoes," I whispered trying to figure out where they would be, scoping around my room.

Looking to my closet, I found a pair of sneakers lying beneath the day dresses on the floor. I slid the glass door open and picked up the pair of black and white running shoes. I wore a frown on my face as flipped the shoe over to the clean sole and found my exact size.

I shook the dumbfounded thoughts from my mind and slipped them on my feet. Perfect fit.

I sped walked to the door with a huff and opened it to see Deeliah tapping her pointed black stiletto on the grey grimy floor.

"Alright let's go," She breathed and began the walk to Jett's room. "Find everything ok?"

"I guess so."

"Good," She nodded, not quite hearing the doubt in my voice.

We stopped at Jett's door and she gave it a light knock. Out Jett came, clad in black sweats and muscle tee. He literally looked like he just rolled out of bed.

Without a word said to each other out of nervousness, Deeliah lead the way.

"Normally you'd have time to get breakfast from the cafe, but we're running a little late," She glanced at her wrist watch. "The cafe is actually here," She pointed her French manicured finger to a glass double doored room. However we sped right past it so I couldn't get a good look.