The words just rolled out of my mouth before I could stop them, "So Mel, you're the angel who travels in air vents and increase bladder capacity of men."

Rick and Adam roared laughing at my imbecile joke. Both Mel and I blushed.

To take their attention off my joke, I asked Adam "What were you'll doing up there? How did you'll even get up there?" Adam took a few more minutes to sober himself.

"You know how I called Mel a chimpanzee on booze and she called me a hibernating toad when we were driving here." Adam started.

And when Rick and Ryan looked confused, Adam went into a detailed explanation. I decided to ignore him for the time being and drowned my fifth shot of tequila and sucked at my slice of lime.

Ryan and Rick were laughing when I started paying attention to Adam. "So when we met at the bar. She called me froggy and I called her chimpy. We started arguing whether frogs are better or chimps." Adam was telling, when Mel complained that "He told frogs are better because they turn into princes when a princess kisses them."  Adam blushed as we laughed.

 He hurriedly continued his narrative pretending as if Mel hadn't interrupted him. "So she said some things and I said some things. Many many things." He rolled his eyes to emphasize his point, " We came to a point where we decided I had to do something to prove that frogs can jump higher than chimps can climb and Mel had to prove otherwise. We started small Mel climbed on top of a chair. I jumped on to it. Then she climbed onto a table I jumped on to it as well. Then we found a collapsible ladder hanging from an air vent. She climbed every rung of the ladder."

"While he jumped every rung of the ladder." Mel finished as we all clutched our sides howling with laughter. Both Adam and Mel looked like they were ready to pick another fight. I asked between laughs "Why did you'll get into the air vent when you'll could have climbed down after proving your point?"

Mel answered morosely "Because we wanted to know who could see better in the dark? Froggy or chimpy?"

This started a new round of laughter and Mel hid her face behind her hands.

"Hey, you'll leave my angel alone." Ryan said to all of us and asked Mel, "Shall we dance my angel?"

Mel gave him a grateful smile and accepted his offered hand and said "yes my hero."  The as an after thought, she asked "Are you sure you don't want take a trip to the wash room?"

"No, I'm fine." Ryan said as he turned red and dragged Mel away.

We laughed at the retreating couple.

I wanted to ask Adam about his love for Ashley but Rick and Adam were chatting animatedly sipping on their extra dry Martinis with two olives. Adam asked some woman who approached the bar for a dance and he led her away, as she said yes.

"Guess it's just you and me." Rick said as he winked.

"I guess so."

"Would you like to have another go on the dance floor?" He asked.

"Would love to."  I said. Rick grinned his goofly and held out his hand for me to take. I was about to take it when we were interrupted.

A slender man with long dark silky hair that reached his shoulders approached Rick. "Hello Mr Castle." he said. Rick greeted him cordially but it was plain that he didn't intend to chat long with this man.

My purse vibrated. It was my phone. I could hear the beeping over the music and chatter. I fished my phone out of my purse and saw the number I hated the most. I slid down from the bar stool and walked a few feet. I had to answer the call. Bad habit!!!

I slide my thumb across the screen. I didn't speak a word, I simply held my phone to my right ear.

"I'm waiting Carmen." He spoke and his voice felt like finger nails raking on a chalk slate to my ears.

"Where? Where are you ass face?" I hissed barely controlling my anger.

He laughed a cold mirthless laugh. "So, eager to meet me, you sexy siren?. But you have to wait as well." He said and cut the call, This was the second time he had hung up on me.

I was fuming by the end of our conversation. I muttered a few choice words under my breath. I had walked to the entrance of the hall without my knowledge. I realised that I had to go home fast as I had a sudden urge to strip off and tear the dress I was wearing to pieces. I wanted to shred it with my bare hands using my recently manicured nails. I started walking but I soon broke into a jog and I was running down the stairs. I didn't want to take the elevator. I didn't want to hail a cab. I didn't want to be in a confined space of any sort. I just wanted to go home and strip this ungodly dress off of me. I passed a huge fountain at the lobby I passed the huge double doors. I passed the valet parking guy. I guess I heard him call after me to know if I wanted him to call a cab for me. I ignored him as I ran, the high heels were curbing my speed but I was good in them and I realized, the heels were also a gift from him. I hated them too, I just wanted to kick them off but there were too many straps and it would take time to work on them so I just ran.

I ran like a fool. The cool night air was soothing on my face. It calmed me and I took in my surroundings. I realized that I had taken several wrong turns. I stopped running I was in the city that never sleeps. But this ally was dark and dead. There were only a few lights in the higher windows of the buildings. I started to turn back as I felt a cold hand harshly close around my mouth. I wanted to scream, I managed a yell but it was muffled by the hand. My stun gun and pepper spray were in my purse which was currently at my feet.

I felt a shooting pain up my arm and I felt my eyes tear. I brought the back of my elbow hard against his abdomen. It helped as he weakened his grip but he was still strong as I couldn't wriggle free from his grasp. I brought the heel of my stilettos crashing on his feet as he let out a muffled yell. I continued to struggle kick and trash using all techniques my father had taught. I felt him let go when I connected my elbow with one of his ribs. A ray of hope. But!!!

The world around me swam in the sky and I was submerged in darkness and deafening silence.

"Mom," I moaned.

***************************************************************************************************************

A special thanks to @Nikki0311...........for everything........ur simply the best...... xoxoxxox.........muha.........:)

So guys what do u’ll think about the stalker???????????
Plz let me know by
FANNING
VOTING
COMMENTING
I would be extremely grateful if you could please promote my story………….n thanq every1 for your lovely support………the story is currently #622 in humor cudnt have done it without all u cool ppl……..XOXOXOX ………………..:)